“For all attempt; for few make”
|Category: Authoritarian Democracy|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
Location: the South Pacific
The Fiefdom of Cairfield is a huge, genial nation, notable for its prohibition of alcohol, anti-smoking policies, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, devout population of 929 million Cairfielders are prohibited from doing almost everything except voting, which they do timidly and conservatively.
The enormous, moralistic, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Yanvere. The average income tax rate is 72.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Cairfielden economy, worth 69.4 trillion caips a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Trout Farming, and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 74,751 caips, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
School uniforms are compulsory, the government spends more on chasing distant comets than on basic infrastructure, religious education is a new government priority, and citizens are permitted to carry concealed handguns. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Cairfield's national animal is the moose, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Cairfield was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Authoritarian.
- : Cairfield was endorsed by The Kingdom of Omiri.
- : Cairfield was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Gecetesse.
- : Cairfield was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Marinho Islands.
- : Cairfield was endorsed by The Empire of Empa Aserium.
- : Cairfield was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Mapico.
- : Cairfield endorsed The Most Serene Republic of Imperial Duck.
- : Cairfield endorsed The Queendom of Solega.
- : Following new legislation in Cairfield, citizens are permitted to carry concealed handguns.
- : Following new legislation in Cairfield, religious education is a new government priority.
Endorsements Received: 62 » Erinor, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Xandev, Concrete Slab, Land Without Shrimp, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, Tsunamy, Ostanasia, Aidenfieeld, Wehraboos, Academy of Umbrellas, The Solar System Scope, Volaworand, Jehenna, Quiescent, Jahass, The Filippinas, Farengeto, Barabarom, Luddinlande, Dasko, Aumeltopia, Agalaesia, Sesteran, Churumduul, Hanguk-Nippon, State of Iowa, Anachronolandia, Federated Kingdoms of Brittania, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Towi Lamia, Tsvetania, Qawe, Amerion, Kringalia, Wild Space, Great Africans, Qvait, Phanama, Chew Zim, Beepee, P R of China, United Federated States of Omega, Upper Tyrconnel, Ariankido, Jennaterra, The Sk8ing Unicorn, Freedoom, Kuddles, Aurcania, and 12 others.Ketathinamiri Islands, UnShleepd, New Briantown, Spearos, Sedunn, Solega, Imperial Duck, Mapico, Empa Aserium, Marinho Islands, Gecetesse, and Omiri.