“Tiocadh ar La”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
Location: the South Pacific
The Republic of Caladh is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Michael Collins with a fair hand, and remarkable for its daily referendums, irreverence towards religion, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.086 billion Caladhians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Biorainn. The average income tax rate is 76.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Caladhian economy, worth 110 trillion Calas a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 101,732 Calas, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
All citizens must pass a 'multicultural sensitivity test' to be deemed fit for society, party affiliation is just as irrelevant as campaign promises, board shorts have replaced board rooms, and droves of former desperados are applying to join the border police. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Caladh's national animal is the Sianach, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Caladh voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Responsible Land Management".
- : Following new legislation in Caladh, droves of former desperados are applying to join the border police.
- : Following new legislation in Caladh, board shorts have replaced board rooms.
- : Following new legislation in Caladh, party affiliation is just as irrelevant as campaign promises.
- : Following new legislation in Caladh, all citizens must pass a 'multicultural sensitivity test' to be deemed fit for society.
- : Caladh endorsed The Federal Republic of West Carlisten.
- : Caladh was endorsed by The Federal Republic of West Carlisten.
- : Following new legislation in Caladh, there's never enough space in space.
- : Following new legislation in Caladh, advertisers are struggling to make water sound cool to a twitchy public.
- : Following new legislation in Caladh, photographers can be found hiding behind the curtains in Michael Collins's bedroom.
Endorsements Received: 65 » Erinor, Aidenfieeld, Land Without Shrimp, Hanguk-Nippon, Wehraboos, Aveerya, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, Dasko, Pays de Loire, Anachronolandia, Aumeltopia, Xandev, Tsunamy, Amerion, Gymnostan, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Barabarom, Kringalia, Wild Space, Farengeto, Great Africans, Negoshi, Zosnor, Agalaesia, Volaworand, USNE2018, Beepee, Phanama, Ariankido, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Qvait, Luddinlande, New Briantown, Churumduul, Sedunn, Jehenna, Imperial Duck, The Filippinas, Concrete Slab, Empa Aserium, Marinho Islands, Gecetesse, Mapico, Paranoia, Maeiland, Aurcania, The Tecorogan Federation, Omiri, Unielvan Millorvium, The Two Jerseys, and 15 others.Myur Arditt, Bear Connors Paradiso, Briteannia, Proctethia, The United Expanse, The Drakan Republic, Qawe, Yeldarbsland, Madhonia, Pamela And Hepatitis, Malonereich, Lost And Found, WTP All the good names are taken, Astraee, and West Carlisten.