“We live for freedom”
|Category: Corporate Bordello|
Regional Influence: Squire
The United States of Calicate is a massive, genial nation, notable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, infamous sell-swords, and daily referendums. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 3.363 billion Calicateans are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The relatively small, corrupt, pro-business, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Dallington. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 25.0%.
The frighteningly efficient Calicatean economy, worth 503 trillion cal dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Retail, Book Publishing, and Gambling. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is an impressive 149,612 cal dollars, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 445,506 per year while the poor average 39,367, a ratio of 11.3 to 1.
Judicial robes are the country's hottest fashion trend, small patches of desolate land across the world are part of Calicatean sovereign territory, bouncers at the door of the sweet shop warn five-year-olds not to cause trouble, and fur coats have become the latest fashion trend. Crime, especially youth-related, is pervasive, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Calicate's national animal is the Monkey, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Calicate, fur coats have become the latest fashion trend.
- : Following new legislation in Calicate, bouncers at the door of the sweet shop warn five-year-olds not to cause trouble.
- : Following new legislation in Calicate, small patches of desolate land across the world are part of Calicatean sovereign territory.
- : Following new legislation in Calicate, judicial robes are the country's hottest fashion trend.
- : Following new legislation in Calicate, Leader's handshakes with opposition leaders usually lead to thumb wars.
- : Following new legislation in Calicate, political speeches that drill deep into bureaucratic fine detail could be said to be a little boring.
- : Following new legislation in Calicate, t-shirts displaying a photo of Leader performing the Full-Monty are selling out.
- : Calicate was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Drug Use.
- : Following new legislation in Calicate, Leader has more friends than ever before.
- : Following new legislation in Calicate, punitive tariffs protect local industry.
Endorsements Received: 54 » Aflana, Imkiville, Aigania, Treadwellia, New Rogernomics, Russiane, Captain Apollo, Darkium, Killer Kitty, Aaecilia, Burning Pants, Aguaria Major, Sharps inc, Nargorthia, Halliway, Tiegenhof, Americastrailia, Leonism, Hycronesia, Fluffiness, Sombrassino, SunnyPhiladelphia, Seatlantis, Kan Po, Sophisica, Loftegen 2, The Rin Mang, Greygard, Altmar, Derthal, Li Ka Shing Administrative Region, Your Imaginary Friend, Denado, General Mike, Axixic, Mzeusia, Snoodum, Perchan, Caybow, Lazarene Ryccia, Lake Flotillas, The New California Republic, Guiness Freaks, Rommanda, Capercom, Steel Vagabonds, Courlany, Neue Ost Fluch, Lutfan, Turkish-Ottoman, and 4 others.Kakatiya, Zapatian Workers State, The Sigometh Dynasty, and Shangri-La Valley.