“Everything for the people.” King Zen II
|Category: Left-Leaning College State|
Regional Influence: Powerbroker
Location: The Hole To Hide In
|Leader||King Zen II|
The Royal Dominion of Candensia is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by King Zen II with an even hand, and remarkable for its frequent executions, compulsory military service, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, hard-working population of 8.831 billion Candensians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The large, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Alriora. The average income tax rate is 88.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Candensian economy, worth a remarkable 1,508 trillion Andens a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Retail, and Book Publishing. Black market activity is extensive. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 170,863 Andens, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Third world countries are rich in "I Love Alriora" t-shirts, vegetables are crisper thanks to CRISPR, every citizen sounds like a television news anchor, and King Zen II's new door-knocking campaign has the sweet taste of success. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Candensia's national animal is the Silverwing Falcon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Lenlyvitian Colony of Terra Voltera renamed the office held by Candensia from "Co-Founder" to "Minister of Foreign Affairs" in The Hole To Hide In.
- : Candensia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Toxic Heavy Metals Act"".
- : Candensia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Food Quality.
- : Candensia approved the World Assembly proposal "World Assembly Jurisprudence Studies".
- : Candensia approved the World Assembly proposal "Repeal "Toxic Heavy Metals Act"".
- : Candensia approved the World Assembly proposal "Repeal "Nuclear Arms Possession Act"".
- : Candensia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Prohibition Of Unwarranted Digital Surveillance".
- : Candensia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Fairness in Elections".
- : Candensia endorsed The Most Serene Republic of Jingcai-Wutuobang.
- : Candensia was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Jingcai-Wutuobang.
Endorsements Received: 33 » What The Heckoslovakia, Schwypia, Khosrau, Klusis, The Atomic Schism, South Hyrijahzol, Evacasia, Masaniay, Exbrenia, Conglagateia, Basaran, South Easthern, Cenagrad, Kynthes, Artaecus, Transnister, Rumanian States, Ardiveds, Kemonomica, The Charlesland, Yalgora, Saint Shokai, Vacoul, Srednjaci, Vennos, Orsini, Fardland Mark 2, Northern New Solingarch, Guessara, Empire of Gora, The Ansalonian States, Hytharia, and Jingcai-Wutuobang.