|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
The Republic of Card Farmer 242 is a massive, efficient nation, notable for its parental licensing program, complete lack of prisons, and compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, humorless, devout population of 3.395 billion Card Farmer 242ians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Industry. The average income tax rate is 69.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Card Farmer 242ian economy, worth 464 trillion cards a year, is fairly diversified and dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Woodchip Exports. Black market activity is rampant. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 136,961 cards, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.8 times as much as the poorest.
The regional delicacy of chocolate bombes is deadlier than an unexploded bomb, commemoration of the Great Birb War costs almost as much as the war itself, almost every singles' party has a clergy and courtesans theme, and delivery truck companies use hospital parking lots to store 16-wheelers. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Card Farmer 242's national animal is the farming, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Card Farmer 242 was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- : Card Farmer 242 was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Valuable International Artwork.
- : Card Farmer 242 was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- : Card Farmer 242 was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Corrupt Governments.
- : Card Farmer 242 was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- : Card Farmer 242 was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Governments and Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- : Card Farmer 242's influence in Birb rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Card Farmer 242's influence in Birb rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Card Farmer 242's influence in Birb rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Card Farmer 242's influence in Birb rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".