|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
The Republic of Card Farmer 245 is a massive, efficient nation, renowned for its ban on automobiles, keen interest in outer space, and compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless, devout population of 3.364 billion Card Farmer 245ians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Defense, and Education. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 26.4%.
The frighteningly efficient Card Farmer 245ian economy, worth 445 trillion cards a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, fairly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Uranium Mining, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Information Technology. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 132,577 cards, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 648,981 per year while the poor average 15,536, a ratio of 41.8 to 1.
Bris parties are all the rage, most barbers are also surgeons, families waiting for delayed pipe installations hope daily for rain, and many politicians are having to do a hard day's work for the first time in their careers. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Card Farmer 245's national animal is the farming, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Card Farmer 245 was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Valuable International Artwork.
- : Card Farmer 245 was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry.
- : Card Farmer 245 was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Agricultural Sector, the Top 5% for Largest Black Market, and the Top 10% for Most Efficient Economies.
- : Card Farmer 245's influence in Birb rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Card Farmer 245's influence in Birb rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Card Farmer 245's influence in Birb rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Card Farmer 245's influence in Birb rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Card Farmer 245's influence in Birb rose from "Zero" to "Newcomer".
- : Card Farmer 245 relocated from Osiris to Birb.
- : Card Farmer 245 was refounded in Osiris.