|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The East Pacific
The Empire of Carkosa is a massive, orderly nation, renowned for its compulsory military service, irreverence towards religion, and restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 2.816 billion Carkosans are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 31.7%.
The Carkosan economy, worth 117 trillion sanities a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Retail, Furniture Restoration, and Uranium Mining. Black market activity is frequent. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 41,571 sanities, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.0 times as much as the poorest.
Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Carkosa's national animal is the Migo.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Carkosa's influence in The East Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Minnow".
- : Carkosa relocated from Carcosa to The East Pacific.
- : Carkosa's influence in Carcosa rose from "Zero" to "Hermit".
- : Carkosa lodged a message on the Carcosa Regional Message Board.
- : Carkosa relocated from The East Pacific to Carcosa.
- : Carkosa founded the region Carcosa.
- : Carkosa's influence in The East Pacific rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Carkosa was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Conservative.
- : Carkosa's influence in The East Pacific rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Carkosa's influence in The East Pacific rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".