“Time wastes away all, save for the Cartolian Empire.” Kulombus the II
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Eminence Grise
Location: Official European Union
|Leader||Kulombus the II|
The Empire of Cartolia is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Kulombus the II with an even hand, and remarkable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, compulsory military service, and devotion to social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 12.71 billion Cartolians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Cartolia City. The average income tax rate is 83.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Cartolian economy, worth a remarkable 2,937 trillion Jarcoes a year, is fairly diversified and mostly comprised of black market activity, especially in Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, Book Publishing, and Retail. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 231,136 Jarcoes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.9 times as much as the poorest.
Nine out of ten citizens of Cartolia answered 'nuclear safety inspector' when asked their occupation, legislators work 24/7 due to an influx of single-issue bills, prolonged government investigations are a common revenge tactic among spurned significant others, and the government is more interested in identifying problems than fixing them. Crime is totally unknown. Cartolia's national animal is the Hawk, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Cupism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Cartolia, the government is more interested in identifying problems than fixing them.
- : Following new legislation in Cartolia, prolonged government investigations are a common revenge tactic among spurned significant others.
- : Following new legislation in Cartolia, legislators work 24/7 due to an influx of single-issue bills.
- : Following new legislation in Cartolia, nine out of ten citizens of Cartolia answered 'nuclear safety inspector' when asked their occupation.
- : Cartolia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Wallenburg".
- : Cartolia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Wartime Journalism Protection Act"".
- : Cartolia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Cartolia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Stationary.
- : Cartolia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Cartolia's influence in Official European Union rose from "Enforcer" to "Eminence Grise".