“Easy as herding cats!”
|Category: Left-Leaning College State|
Regional Influence: Vassal
|Capital||El Pueblo Unido|
|Leader||President Catniss Mesteņero|
The Seminomadic Republic of Cat-Herders United is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by President Catniss Mesteņero with an even hand, and remarkable for its complete lack of prisons, rampant corporate plagiarism, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate population of 2.251 billion Cat-herders enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The large government prioritizes Education, although Healthcare, Environment, and Administration are also considered important, while Spirituality is ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of El Pueblo Unido. The average income tax rate is 89.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Cat-Herders Unitedian economy, worth 284 trillion Feline Florins a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Trout Farming. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 126,278 Feline Florins, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
A recent political speech drew the ire of nerds everywhere after the speaker claimed that Darth Vader was Harry Potter's father, government officials sit helplessly as they are labelled 'Pompous Womples' by celebrities, the nation's politicians are known more for the internet memes they spawn than any of their accomplishments, and high school bands practice by moonlight. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Cat-Herders United's national animal is the Cat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Feline Catolicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Cat-Herders United, high school bands practice by moonlight.
- : Following new legislation in Cat-Herders United, the nation's politicians are known more for the internet memes they spawn than any of their accomplishments.
- : Cat-Herders United was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments and Safest and the Top 10% for Most Secular.
- : Cat-Herders United voted against the World Assembly Resolution "The Amelioration of Maritime Conditions".
- : Following new legislation in Cat-Herders United, government officials sit helplessly as they are labelled 'Pompous Womples' by celebrities.
- : Following new legislation in Cat-Herders United, a recent political speech drew the ire of nerds everywhere after the speaker claimed that Darth Vader was Harry Potter's father.
- : Following new legislation in Cat-Herders United, agreeing to appear on TV is often the best way to access social care.
- : Following new legislation in Cat-Herders United, Occam's razor has sliced to pieces any childhood belief in Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy.
- : Cat-Herders United was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Left-Leaning College State".
- : Cat-Herders United endorsed The Holy Green Woods of Ashrah.
Endorsements Received: 61 » Ransium, Canaltia, Ruinenlust, Turbeaux, Meropis, Love and Nature, Wantevolo, Feladria, Candlewhisper Archive, The New Bluestocking Homeland, Aeterno Tranquillitas, Verdant Haven, Kinganaryasia, Rorston, Ownzone, The Void Territories, Eryndlynd, Frieden-und Freudenland, Boar Stacks, Forgotten Beauty, Taco Respublic, Vanenia, Elundris, Tauride, Chilledsville, Caterasia, Kawastyselir, The Black Forrest, Mountain Ash Forests, Ziotah and Riverside, Ironic Remarks, Dwardossa, Entitize, Banandonia, Bilsa, Prydaein, Reannia, Shimerta, Novian Republics, Ordand, Oryx the Mad God, The Black Horns, Hyon Delta, Groenwald, Edible Plywood, Western Continental Divide, New Ladavia, Atsvea, Eir, Esnua, and 11 others.Bananaistan, Awhaiti Kaiatu, Mahrenbach, Euso, Artemis, Bregaria, Deontologia, Greyveldt, Pesto alla Genovese, French Frys, and Ashrah.