“Strength Through Freedom”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Negotiator
Location: The Allied Nations
The Republic of Catillos is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by President Barkowli with a fair hand, and remarkable for its otherworldly petting zoo, sprawling nuclear power plants, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.36 billion Catillosians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Catilopolis. The average income tax rate is 70.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Catillosian economy, worth 116 trillion catilas a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Basket Weaving, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 85,621 catilas, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The well-to-do in The Allied Nations are never on time for important appointments, park rangers struggle to deal with a rash of stolen pic-a-nic baskets, science centers and state of the art laboratories are ubiquitous, and being President Barkowli has been voted one of the top ten most dangerous jobs. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Catillos's national animal is the unicorn, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Catillos's influence in The Allied Nations fell from "Contender" to "Negotiator".
- : Catillos's influence in The Allied Nations rose from "Negotiator" to "Contender".
- : Catillos was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Income Equality.
- : Catillos's influence in The Allied Nations fell from "Instigator" to "Negotiator".
- : Catillos's influence in The Allied Nations fell from "Dealmaker" to "Instigator".
- : Catillos's influence in The Allied Nations rose from "Negotiator" to "Dealmaker".
- : Catillos's influence in The Allied Nations rose from "Auxiliary" to "Negotiator".
- : Catillos's influence in The Allied Nations rose from "Ambassador" to "Auxiliary".
- : Following new legislation in Catillos, being President Barkowli has been voted one of the top ten most dangerous jobs.
- : Catillos's influence in The Allied Nations rose from "Diplomat" to "Ambassador".
Endorsements Received: None.