“Long live the King”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Squire
Location: the South Pacific
The United Kingdom of Centristvill is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by King Grant with an even hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, complete lack of prisons, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, hard-working, devout population of 3.302 billion Centristvillians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Blackmount. The average income tax rate is 90.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Centristvillian economy, worth 603 trillion Cents a year, is fairly diversified and dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Information Technology, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 182,729 Cents, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.8 times as much as the poorest.
People talk about things being better when men were men, the military refers to helpless combatants offering surrender as "sitting ducks", citizens are remarkably well involved in the political process, and forty-year-old men are asked for their ID before watching the latest pony cartoon movies. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Centristvill's national animal is the Dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Anglican Communion.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Centristvill, forty-year-old men are asked for their ID before watching the latest pony cartoon movies.
- : Following new legislation in Centristvill, citizens are remarkably well involved in the political process.
- : Following new legislation in Centristvill, the military refers to helpless combatants offering surrender as "sitting ducks".
- : Following new legislation in Centristvill, people talk about things being better when men were men.
- : Following new legislation in Centristvill, Centristvillian soldiers are assured their new ray-guns will finally power up after the next round of ominous chanting.
- : Centristvill endorsed The Rogue Nation of IkJan.
- : Centristvill was endorsed by The Rogue Nation of IkJan.
- : Following new legislation in Centristvill, the nation doesn't need to go to war in order to acquire new territory.
- : Following new legislation in Centristvill, a handful of megacorporations own every "craft brewery" in the nation.
- : Following new legislation in Centristvill, employers are finding it hard to screen candidates now that everyone gets A grades in their exams.
Endorsements Received: 171 » Erinor, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Tsunamy, Farengeto, Bear Connors Paradiso, Oxsania, Havenfell, Dylar, Kiasu-ism, Privatore, Kringalia, Janapuri, Quiescent, Belschaft, Luddinlande, Sandaoguo, Drugged Monkeys, The Solar System Scope, Theorin, The Two Jerseys, The United Expanse, Darakin, Nothanksbutseriously, Lioniel, Techganet, Pax Dracon, Sedunn, Curlyhoward, Madhonia, Seliyan progressive Islands, Pamela And Hepatitis, GI-Land, Japanese Federal Republic, Sanden, Lambdaland, WTP All the good names are taken, Soem, Phillius, Anachronolandia, Ufask, Si-topia, Transtemporal Shifts, FreeFishers, Nowa Europa, Barabarom, Angevin Britannia, Holy Chimerland, Jehenna, Three Rivia Levr, Wese Zippopiteradgil, and 121 others.Lightmare, Linguiniland, Aidenfieeld, Hanguk-Nippon, Tsvetania, Rebel-topia, The naked people, Native Inhabitants of Antarctica, Vincent Field, Runsiya, Nyfinest128, Wyatonians, Trinennie, Aywhyou, La Ascension, Moreana, Escevola, Ridehale, Volaworand, Paranoia, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Catalunya Unida, Utondara, Rhetiaa, Fighting Kawi Ninja, Saciu, Concrete Slab, New Briantown, Calistan, Jaxon, Great Andora, Lotadia, Nova Montron, Aumeltopia, Beepee, The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp, UnShleepd, Silberne Wache, Lester Crest, Wehraboos, The National Corporation, Isokenzar, Agalaesia, Elveka, Awjan, Abarri, Xandev, Aguatania, Republitank, Cuuldere, Lorora3, PASTIR, Rabbitz, Whimichy, Kandorith, USNE2018, Darbor, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, Qvait, Zess, Birdkeeper, Nankyoku Tairiku, Ariankido, Akindom, State of Iowa, Land Without Shrimp, Kerlodia, The Filippinas, Jahass, St Oaks, Stoniamera, Choodox, Federated Kingdoms of Brittania, Academy of Umbrellas, Ostanasia, A Frog Dimension, P R of China, The Brand New Salvatagard Republic, Revanial, Staubsaugen, Spearos, Sesteran, Churumduul, Qawe, Milvands, Dasko, Crystal Creation, Phanama, PenguinPies, Amerion, Wild Space, North Erfton, Naam, World United, Negoshi, Great Africans, Aveerya, United Federated States of Omega, Westoc Kinness, Srevana, Yellunstryer, Laropsa, Miltonville, Blaash, Aurcania, Jennaterra, Pays de Loire, Bedain, BootJack, Kuddles, South Whitica, Ketathinamiri Islands, Imperial Duck, Bomamani, Solega, Higash, Ratoninburg, Upper Tyrconnel, Aberforthton, Omiri, and IkJan.