“In unitate virtus” Praetorian Prefect
|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Regional Influence: Squire
Location: the Rejected Realms
The Republic of Centurionis is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Praetorian Prefect with an iron fist, and notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, complete lack of prisons, and multi-spousal wedding ceremonies. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 7.461 billion Centurionisians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The relatively small, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Villa Agrippa. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 6.2%.
The frighteningly efficient Centurionisian economy, worth a remarkable 2,045 trillion Dinariis a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, and Uranium Mining. Black market activity is extensive. Average income is an amazing 274,182 Dinariis, but there is an enormous disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,661,485 per year while the poor average 20,188, a ratio of 82.3 to 1.
Costumed characters wearing Maxtopian Grass leaves remind citizens that the government now sells the green stuff, one-stop superstores divide and conquer family businesses, some are born loving old plays and some have old plays thrust upon them, and citizens buy season tickets on a 20-year payment plan. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Centurionis's national animal is the Otter, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to heavy metals seepage into national waterways.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Centurionis was endorsed by The Watch how I Soar Nation of A Leaf on the Wind.
- : Centurionis was endorsed by The Nomadic Peoples of Black Hawk Raider Refugees.
- : Centurionis was endorsed by The Lucky holy wants easter eggs of Bormiar.
- : Following new legislation in Centurionis, citizens buy season tickets on a 20-year payment plan.
- : Following new legislation in Centurionis, some are born loving old plays and some have old plays thrust upon them.
- : Following new legislation in Centurionis, one-stop superstores divide and conquer family businesses.
- : Following new legislation in Centurionis, costumed characters wearing Maxtopian Grass leaves remind citizens that the government now sells the green stuff.
- : Following new legislation in Centurionis, anti-vaxxers are right about the government injecting diseases into people.
- : Following new legislation in Centurionis, the government is cracking down on subversive groups.
- : Centurionis was reclassified from "Father Knows Best State" to "Iron Fist Consumerists".
Endorsements Received: 35 » Yoshiterra, Aggro, Farrakhan, Aqueira, Andromeda Islands, Unibot III, Emeseses, Zavea, Sarotte, Florin, Doormat to the Lord, Aandruzognivia, Dead I Jack, Perfect Sublime Masters, Volsar, Thus Sprach Zarathustra, Panormia, Arinteriswith, Zerentopia, Razorback, FiTzGEraLdLAnD, Delight, Greater Cesnica, Morover, Nation of Urie, Tartessis, Mundanus, Alpharoland, Nakena, Lansaka, Machiavellian Prince, Agalaesia, Bormiar, Black Hawk Raider Refugees, and A Leaf on the Wind.