“God our father, man our brother.”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Contender
Location: The Coalition of Democratic Nations
The American Commonwealth of Cerma is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Alan Callahan with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, flagrant waste-dumping, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless population of 14.244 billion Cermen have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small, corrupt government prioritizes Defense, with Education, Industry, and Law & Order also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Spirituality are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Top Hill. The average income tax rate is 71.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Cerman economy, worth a remarkable 4,973 trillion Letters a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Retail, and Automobile Manufacturing. Average income is an amazing 349,166 Letters, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Construction of the Really Big Hadron Collider is underway, people who have lived their entire lives in Cerma are shocked to discover that they are not citizens, visitors to the famed rainforests are instead taken to vast furniture factories, and kindergartners love the free balloons that their schools give them. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Cerma's national animal is the American Lion, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Cerma, kindergartners love the free balloons that their schools give them.
- : Following new legislation in Cerma, visitors to the famed rainforests are instead taken to vast furniture factories.
- : Following new legislation in Cerma, people who have lived their entire lives in Cerma are shocked to discover that they are not citizens.
- : Cerma's influence in The Coalition of Democratic Nations rose from "Minnow" to "Contender".
- : Following new legislation in Cerma, construction of the Really Big Hadron Collider is underway.
- : Cerma applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Cerma relocated from Balder to The Coalition of Democratic Nations.
- : Cerma was refounded in Balder.
- : Cerma ceased to exist in The Coalition of Democratic Nations.
- : Cerma was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Advanced Defense Forces.