“We Will Endure”
|Category: Scandinavian Liberal Paradise|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
Location: the South Pacific
The Grand Duchy of Chareest is a massive, genial nation, notable for its soft-spoken computers, state-planned economy, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate population of 3.529 billion Chareestians enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The enormous, liberal, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Welfare. The average income tax rate is 82.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but inefficient Chareestian economy, worth 173 trillion guilders a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Pizza Delivery, and Tourism. Average income is 49,069 guilders, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
An increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents, re-education centers are being added to most prisons, internet moderator is one of the most popular jobs among the nation's more socially awkward citizens, and one does not simply walk into the tundra. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Chareest's national animal is the emu, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Chareest, one does not simply walk into the tundra.
- : Following new legislation in Chareest, internet moderator is one of the most popular jobs among the nation's more socially awkward citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Chareest, re-education centers are being added to most prisons.
- : Following new legislation in Chareest, an increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents.
- : Chareest voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Trotterdam".
- : Chareest voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Legal Rights of Workers".
- : Chareest was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Corporis Doctrina.
- : Chareest was endorsed by The BRITEANNIA FOR LOCAL BRIT of Briteannia.
- : Chareest was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Gecetesse.
- : Chareest was endorsed by The Republic of Catillos.
Endorsements Received: 81 » Pencil Sharpeners 2, Erinor, Tsunamy, Beepee, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Volaworand, Luddinlande, Hanguk-Nippon, Kringalia, Rebel-topia, Aywhyou, Techganet, Isokenzar, Farengeto, Aumeltopia, Linguiniland, Sandaoguo, Kandorith, Sedunn, Land Without Shrimp, Wehraboos, Dasko, Drugged Monkeys, The Filippinas, Amerion, Phanama, Aurcania, New Briantown, Tsvetania, Qvait, Empa Aserium, Mapico, Direwolf1, Qawe, Tilipria, Astraee, Jaxon, Aidenfieeld, Yeldarbsland, Bear Connors Paradiso, Madreia, Bleakfoot, Nueva Alta California, PenguinPies, Bawkie, Tepertopia, Terran Draconia, Rabbitz, Baltenlands, Gliasco, and 31 others.West Pastafaria, Turks of The Eastern Calculus, Anserisa, CzechoSlovakishMoravia, Ebonhand, Tridem, Marinho Islands, Starsight, Shefino, Springhollow, Compli, The Worst army of, Auphelia, Corgitopiaa, Matak Tribes, Laamiva, Nouvel-Indre, ChickenDome, Well F, Rhetiaa, United States of Vietnam, Vincent Field, Purple Hyacinth, Ovkianos, Myness, Midand, Andinla, Concrete Slab, B H A R A T, Catillos, and Gecetesse.