“We Will Endure”
|Category: Scandinavian Liberal Paradise|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
Location: the South Pacific
The Grand Duchy of Chareest is a massive, safe nation, remarkable for its free-roaming dinosaurs, absence of drug laws, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate population of 1.826 billion Chareestians enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Law & Order. The average income tax rate is 77.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Chareestian economy, worth 91.5 trillion guilders a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Pizza Delivery, and Tourism. Average income is 50,095 guilders, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government regularly hires contractors to construct high rise apartments, dubiously qualified East Lebatuckese doctors prescribe ice baths as a treatment for pneumonia, couples are discouraged from marrying until they can rank their partner on a scale of one to ten, and the government only invests in infrastructure after a natural disaster. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Chareest's national animal is the emu, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Chareest was endorsed by The Federal Republic of West Carlisten.
- : Chareest was endorsed by The People's Republic of Malonereich.
- : Chareest was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Foreign Aid Spending.
- : Following new legislation in Chareest, the government only invests in infrastructure after a natural disaster.
- : Following new legislation in Chareest, couples are discouraged from marrying until they can rank their partner on a scale of one to ten.
- : Following new legislation in Chareest, dubiously qualified East Lebatuckese doctors prescribe ice baths as a treatment for pneumonia.
- : Following new legislation in Chareest, the government regularly hires contractors to construct high rise apartments.
- : Following new legislation in Chareest, left-wing militias train children how to properly burn down banks.
- : Chareest voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Sterilisation of Minors etc".
- : Chareest was endorsed by The Republic of Myur Arditt.
Endorsements Received: 59 » Pencil Sharpeners 2, Erinor, Quiescent, Tsunamy, Beepee, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, The National Corporation, Volaworand, Luddinlande, Hanguk-Nippon, Kringalia, Rebel-topia, Anachronolandia, Aywhyou, Techganet, Isokenzar, Farengeto, Awjan, Aumeltopia, Linguiniland, Sandaoguo, Kandorith, Sedunn, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, Birdkeeper, Land Without Shrimp, Jahass, Academy of Umbrellas, Wehraboos, Wyatonians, Akindom, Federated Kingdoms of Brittania, Dasko, Drugged Monkeys, Pays de Loire, Churumduul, Ostanasia, The Filippinas, Amerion, Wild Space, Great Africans, Agalaesia, Phanama, Ariankido, Aurcania, New Briantown, Tsvetania, Concrete Slab, Qvait, Empa Aserium, and 9 others.Gecetesse, Paranoia, Mapico, Benstralis, Direwolf1, Qawe, Myur Arditt, Malonereich, and West Carlisten.