|Category: Corporate Bordello|
Regional Influence: Vassal
The Queen's State of Chelsey Grey is a gargantuan, efficient nation, notable for its burgeoning deer population. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 17.91 billion Chelsey Greyians are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The medium-sized, outspoken government prioritizes Education, although Healthcare, Welfare, and Law & Order are also considered important, while Spirituality and Social Policy aren't funded at all. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 20.6%.
The thriving Chelsey Greyian economy, worth 482 trillion betales a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Pizza Delivery, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, and Furniture Restoration. Average income is 26,942 betales, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 78,027 per year while the poor average 7,372, a ratio of 10.6 to 1.
The government is avowedly atheist, a large-scale revitalization of the education system is underway, all tariffs have been abolished, and the alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit. Crime is moderate. Chelsey Grey's national animal is the deer, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Chelsey Grey was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments.
- : Chelsey Grey's influence in London rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
- : Chelsey Grey's influence in London rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Chelsey Grey's influence in London rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Chelsey Grey's influence in London rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Chelsey Grey's influence in London rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Chelsey Grey relocated from Purgatory to London.
- : Chelsey Grey's influence in Purgatory fell from "Shoeshiner" to "Sprat".
- : Chelsey Grey's influence in Purgatory rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Chelsey Grey's influence in Purgatory rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".