“You Can't Stop Progress”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
Location: the South Pacific
The Free Land of Chew Zim is a huge, safe nation, remarkable for its keen interest in outer space, national health service, and ban on automobiles. The compassionate, democratic population of 786 million Chew Zimians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous government prioritizes Education, with Healthcare, Welfare, and Administration also on the agenda, while Defense and Spirituality aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Zlilia. The average income tax rate is 73.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Chew Zimian economy, worth 58.3 trillion florins a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Soda Sales. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 74,236 florins, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.5 times as much as the poorest.
The nation is known as the cheapskates of the South Pacific, centuries-old marble buildings are being torn down and replaced with corrugated steel wind tunnels, charity workers dole out hardtack from behind designer sunglasses, and drug lords often avoid prison time by teaching "chemistry" classes to underprivileged youth. Crime is totally unknown. Chew Zim's national animal is the fox, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Chew Zim was endorsed by The Kingdom of Omiri.
- : Following new legislation in Chew Zim, drug lords often avoid prison time by teaching "chemistry" classes to underprivileged youth.
- : Chew Zim was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Gecetesse.
- : Chew Zim was endorsed by The Empire of Empa Aserium.
- : Chew Zim was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Marinho Islands.
- : Chew Zim was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Mapico.
- : Chew Zim was endorsed by The UNENDORSE ME of Concrete Slab.
- : Chew Zim was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Foreign Aid Spending.
- : Following new legislation in Chew Zim, charity workers dole out hardtack from behind designer sunglasses.
- : Following new legislation in Chew Zim, centuries-old marble buildings are being torn down and replaced with corrugated steel wind tunnels.
Endorsements Received: 58 » Quiescent, Saciu, Erinor, Qawe, Land Without Shrimp, Wehraboos, The West Valley Mountains, Upper Tyrconnel, Academy of Umbrellas, Aidenfieeld, The Filippinas, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Farengeto, Mew Nation, Xandev, Hanguk-Nippon, Ostanasia, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Aumeltopia, Agalaesia, Jehenna, Pays de Loire, Barabarom, Amerion, Kringalia, Wild Space, Great Africans, Negoshi, Volaworand, Qvait, Phanama, Blaash, Rad Asia, Caer Krasinet, A leftover country, Beepee, Cairfield, Dasko, P R of China, United Federated States of Omega, Ariankido, Luddinlande, Aurcania, Kuddles, Tsvetania, Ketathinamiri Islands, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, UnShleepd, New Briantown, Churumduul, and 8 others.Sedunn, Solega, Concrete Slab, Mapico, Marinho Islands, Empa Aserium, Gecetesse, and Omiri.