“Justice, Piety, Loyalty”
Regional Influence: Hermit
Location: The Basement Colonies
The Queendom of Cladosporium is a very large, socially progressive nation, renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, irreverence towards religion, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 112 million Cladosporiumians live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The minute, liberal, pro-business, outspoken government, or what there is of one, is dominated by the Department of Defense, with Healthcare also on the agenda, while Spirituality and International Aid are ignored. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 4.5%.
The strong Cladosporiumian economy, worth 5.60 trillion betales a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is fairly diversified and led by the Uranium Mining industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Book Publishing, and Soda Sales. Average income is 50,002 betales, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 322,271 per year while the poor average 3,134, a ratio of 102 to 1.
The country's famous rainforests are being bulldozed by the mining industry, the alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit, and books are considered luxuries only available to the incredibly wealthy. Crime is a major problem, probably because of the absence of a police force. Cladosporium's national animal is the deer, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Cladosporium was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Pro-Market.
- : Cladosporium was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Fattest Citizens.
- : Cladosporium was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Crime Rates, Lowest Overall Tax Burden, Most Extreme, Highest Unexpected Death Rate, and Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : Cladosporium's influence in The Basement Colonies rose from "Zero" to "Hermit".
- : Cladosporium lodged a message on the The Basement Colonies Regional Message Board.
- : Cladosporium established the regional flag of The Basement Colonies.
- : Following new legislation in Cladosporium, books are considered luxuries only available to the incredibly wealthy.
- : Following new legislation in Cladosporium, the alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit.
- : Following new legislation in Cladosporium, the country's famous rainforests are being bulldozed by the mining industry.
- : Cladosporium relocated from Forged Earth to The Basement Colonies.