“I can feel three kinds of softness!”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Squire
|Faith||the Cult of Shimajiro|
The Confederate States of Claraxia is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Mr Towns with a fair hand, and renowned for its rampant corporate plagiarism, keen interest in outer space, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, democratic, cheerful population of 33.796 billion Claraxians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The relatively small government is primarily concerned with Education, with Healthcare, Welfare, and Industry also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Defense receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Oxford. The average income tax rate is 77.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Claraxian economy, worth a remarkable 9,343 trillion pounds a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Automobile Manufacturing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an amazing 276,455 pounds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Cars speed down national highways while drivers sleep at the wheel, the 'sing-a-long with Mr Towns' album is a popular souvenir, it's often raining men (hallelujah) in New Oxford, and there's no representation without taxation. Crime is totally unknown. Claraxia's national animal is the timber wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is the Cult of Shimajiro.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Claraxia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments.
- : Claraxia was endorsed by The Community of Shangri-La Valley.
- : Claraxia was endorsed by The Empire of Kakatiya.
- : Claraxia was endorsed by The Republic of The Sigometh Dynasty.
- : Following new legislation in Claraxia, there's no representation without taxation.
- : Claraxia was endorsed by The People's Republic of Zapatian Workers State.
- : Following new legislation in Claraxia, it's often raining men (hallelujah) in New Oxford.
- : Following new legislation in Claraxia, the 'sing-a-long with Mr Towns' album is a popular souvenir.
- : Claraxia was endorsed by The Jazzy Protectorate of Makdon.
- : Claraxia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates.
Endorsements Received: 50 » Aigania, Praenestia, The New California Republic, Caldariat, Arkanik, Aegis-5, General Mike, Aaecilia, Imkiville, Kunigund, Axixic, Nargorthia, Wilhelmsborough, Captain Apollo, Courlany, Treadwellia, Wintermoot III, Killer Kitty, Bobs raider puppet, Margandy, Pherttsylvania, Aleckandor, Darkium, Saundie, Nova Zemlya, Sharps inc, Russiane, Aguaria Major, Tiegenhof, Aflana, FulfiLland, Sireco, Derthal, Loftegen 2, Custadia, Leonism, Lazarene Ryccia, Steel Vagabonds, Americastrailia, Grand Place, Perchan, The Rin Mang, Rommanda, Port Flynt, Denado, Makdon, Zapatian Workers State, The Sigometh Dynasty, Kakatiya, and Shangri-La Valley.