“We don't rule, We live.” James
|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
Location: The North Pacific
The Empire of Cobrallstain is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by James with an iron fist, and remarkable for its enslaved workforce, pith helmet sales, and multi-spousal wedding ceremonies. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless, devout population of 4.734 billion Cobrallstainians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Canadia. The average income tax rate is 89.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Cobrallstainian economy, worth 918 trillion Damascus Roses a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is an impressive 193,920 Damascus Roses, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.3 times as much as the poorest.
Children seem to be getting better at lying these days, the government seizes all major gold finds, lottery winners spend most of their money on security, and laser-wielding robots are taking aim at human hearts. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Cobrallstain's national animal is the Fox, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Cobrallstain was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry.
- : Cobrallstain's influence in The North Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Cobrallstain was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Foreign Aid Spending and the Top 10% for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector, Most Advanced Public Transport, and Highest Economic Output.
- : Cobrallstain relocated from Osiris to The North Pacific.
- : Cobrallstain was refounded in Osiris.
- : Cobrallstain ceased to exist in The North Pacific.
- : Cobrallstain was endorsed by The Republic of PortvgaI.
- : Cobrallstain was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Mesopotama.
- : Cobrallstain was endorsed by The Green Republic of Cypericsuo.
- : Cobrallstain was endorsed by The Morganist Empire of Greater Pittsburgh.