|Category: Compulsory Consumerist State|
Regional Influence: Squire
The Confederacy of Comuni is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Baphomet with an iron fist, and remarkable for its public floggings, sprawling nuclear power plants, and compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 22.937 billion Communians are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
The relatively small, corrupt, pro-business government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ravensworth. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 4.4%.
The frighteningly efficient Comunian economy, worth a remarkable 5,481 trillion Hammers a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Automobile Manufacturing, and Retail. Average income is an amazing 238,990 Hammers, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,239,415 per year while the poor average 24,969, a ratio of 49.6 to 1.
Schoolyard sandboxes resemble ashtrays due to the large number of cigarette butts, ships no longer sail as no one wants to encounter Comunian pirates, drug-related crimes carry the death penalty, and economists have been named Invertebrates of the Year. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Comuni's national animal is the Black Eagle, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Comuni was endorsed by The WA Minister of Vamperiall.
- : Comuni was endorsed by The The Rustic Fireplace of Flobos.
- : Comuni endorsed The People's Republic of Francovania.
- : Comuni was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Defense Forces.
- : Following new legislation in Comuni, economists have been named Invertebrates of the Year.
- : Following new legislation in Comuni, drug-related crimes carry the death penalty.
- : Following new legislation in Comuni, ships no longer sail as no one wants to encounter Comunian pirates.
- : Following new legislation in Comuni, schoolyard sandboxes resemble ashtrays due to the large number of cigarette butts.
- : Following new legislation in Comuni, the army's trophy cabinets have gone all-organic.
- : Comuni voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Preventing Desertification"".
Endorsements Received: 15 » North East Somerset, Aelyria, The Free United Nations, Sommnus, The English Regions, Odirnamat, Litchenstienen, The new colonies of Nocturnal Verse, Aki Zeta, Apophiss, Noders, Gandalanda, Thus Sprach Zarathustra, Flobos, and Vamperiall.