“Unity - Our Guardian!”
|Category: Left-Leaning College State|
Regional Influence: Page
Location: the South Pacific
The Purple Island Paradise of Conexia is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Markus Kamph with an even hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, rampant corporate plagiarism, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, hard-working population of 9.057 billion Conexians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The medium-sized, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Education, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Conegza. The average income tax rate is 65.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Conexian economy, worth 995 trillion Cuwens a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Trout Farming. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 109,897 Cuwens, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government is frequently held to ransom by the increasing demands of bloodthirsty pirates, inter-species marriages are ignored by the government, the art of conversation has been rediscovered, and stolen Reuben sandwiches are met with detailed and thorough police investigations. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Conexia's national animal is the Alligator, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Conexia lodged a message on the The South Pacific Regional Message Board.
- : Conexia resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Conexia was endorsed by The High Court Justice of Ebonhand.
- : Conexia endorsed The Commonwealth of The Langburn Islands.
- : Conexia was endorsed by The Commonwealth of The Langburn Islands.
- : Conexia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Digital Network Defense"".
- : Conexia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Blood Donation Safety and Equality Act".
- : Conexia was endorsed by The Republic of Eastern Mekong.
- : Conexia was endorsed by The Still Best in TSP of Witchcraft and Sorcery.
- : Conexia was endorsed by The Empire of Rhetiaa.