“By The People For The People”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Nipper
Location: the Rejected Realms
The Democratic Republic of Constantinople and Greece is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Constantine XII with a fair hand, and notable for its ubiquitous missile silos, free-roaming dinosaurs, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 1.857 billion Greeks enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Constantinople. The average income tax rate is 29.4%.
The powerhouse Constantinople and Greecean economy, worth 165 trillion dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, and Trout Farming. Average income is 89,071 dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.2 times as much as the poorest.
The government has declined to declare any particular religion as its 'official' one, Constantinople and Greece Barrier Island residents anxiously await their 'Bridge to Somewhere', friendly fire incidents usually result in severe burns, and a primitive society is being eroded as its youth flock to the modern world. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Constantinople and Greece's national animal is the eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Constantinople and Greece's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Constantinople and Greece's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Constantinople and Greece's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Constantinople and Greece's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Constantinople and Greece resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Constantinople and Greece relocated from The Commonwealth of United Free Nations to The Rejected Realms.
- : Constantinople and Greece endorsed The United Kingdom of Parsimmia.
- : Constantinople and Greece endorsed The Commonwealth of Western Aestorusia.
- : Constantinople and Greece's influence in The Commonwealth of United Free Nations rose from "Zero" to "Minnow".
- : Constantinople and Greece relocated from Orientalium to The Commonwealth of United Free Nations.