“Ubi bene, ibi patria”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Vassal
Location: The Western Isles
|Faith||Saint Benedict's Rule|
The Island Republic of Cosie is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Giulian with a fair hand, and remarkable for its daily referendums, ban on automobiles, and absence of drug laws. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 7.486 billion Cosians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The relatively small, corrupt, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Environment, Industry, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Reunion. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 28.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Cosian economy, worth a remarkable 1,564 trillion cobs a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Retail. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an amazing 208,963 cobs, with the richest citizens earning 5.9 times as much as the poorest.
Sofas are perpetually on sales that Must End Soon, businessmen walk out of meetings halfway because their shift is over, pedal-powered removal vans are a popular Maxxmas gift for the children of separated parents, and the populace harbors a fierce hatred of the metric system. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Cosie's national animal is the iguana, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Saint Benedict's Rule.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Cosie was endorsed by The Edgy Fempire of Keomora.
- : Cosie was endorsed by The Kingdom of Van Demons Land Tasmania.
- : Cosie was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Public Education and Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Following new legislation in Cosie, the populace harbors a fierce hatred of the metric system.
- : Following new legislation in Cosie, pedal-powered removal vans are a popular Maxxmas gift for the children of separated parents.
- : Following new legislation in Cosie, businessmen walk out of meetings halfway because their shift is over.
- : Following new legislation in Cosie, sofas are perpetually on sales that Must End Soon.
- : Following new legislation in Cosie, ratings for sitcom reruns are often much higher than election debates.
- : Cosie was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Foreign Aid Spending.
- : Following new legislation in Cosie, Maxtopian villagers starve by the time Cosian officials even file the appropriate paperwork needed to help them.
Endorsements Received: 19 » Vancouvia, Verdon, Townside, Ostehaar, Athara Magarat, Aruia, Xrevaro, Dothrakia, Dragao do Mar, Miklania, Michigonia, Almorea, Brulafi, Nhoor, Chasia, Corindia, Craiglang, San Montagna, and Keomora.