“Aw that smoke's kilt ma tamata plant”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Page
Location: The Western Isles
The Constitutional Monarchy of Craiglang is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its museums and concert halls, daily referendums, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 844 million Decrepit Auld Bastards hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Jenny's. The average income tax rate is 38.5%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Craiglangian economy, worth 68.2 trillion Pound Sterlings a year, is led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Basket Weaving, Information Technology, and Gambling. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 80,807 Pound Sterlings, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Commuters are denied boarding for attempting to bring packed lunches onto trains, a suspicious number of John Smiths are known to donate to Craiglangian politicians, sales of trenchcoats are on the rise, and the nation's infamous boot camp is more brutal than most battlefields. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Craiglang's national animal is the Cane Toad, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Craiglang was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Craiglang was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Visois.
- : Craiglang was endorsed by The Edgy Fempire of Keomora.
- : Following new legislation in Craiglang, the nation's infamous boot camp is more brutal than most battlefields.
- : Following new legislation in Craiglang, sales of trenchcoats are on the rise.
- : Craiglang was endorsed by Weinam.
- : Following new legislation in Craiglang, a suspicious number of John Smiths are known to donate to Craiglangian politicians.
- : Following new legislation in Craiglang, commuters are denied boarding for attempting to bring packed lunches onto trains.
- : Following new legislation in Craiglang, primetime re-runs of The Black and White Minstrel Show are a critical hit.
- : Following new legislation in Craiglang, biotech companies are fined if their jumbled genetic sequences look too familiar.
Endorsements Received: 18 » Miklania, Nhoor, Ostehaar, Almorea, Athara Magarat, Linaviar, Dothrakia, Murab, Aruia, Aizcona, Biaten, Shadolio, Frencin, Dragao do Mar, Corindia, Townside, Solaryia, and Keomora.