“You Can't Stop Progress”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Sprat
Location: the South Pacific
The Republic of Cyber Colonists is a huge, genial nation, renowned for its irreverence towards religion and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 569 million Cyber Colonistsians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The large, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Welfare. The average income tax rate is 40.4%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Cyber Colonistsian economy, worth 19.2 trillion rupees a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Pizza Delivery. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 33,794 rupees, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
'The Anti-Government Hour' is a popular programme on many of Cyber Colonists's radio stations, Cyber Colonists has designated Cyber Colonists City as its capital city, the government has spent days debating the merits of a petition calling for a ban on sporks, and fruit pickers with degrees in wolf psychology are a common sight. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Cyber Colonists's national animal is the wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Cyber Colonists was endorsed by The Grand Duchy of Upper Tyrconnel.
- : Cyber Colonists was endorsed by The Kingdom of Sedunn.
- : Cyber Colonists was endorsed by The Divine Abode of Churumduul.
- : Cyber Colonists was endorsed by The Space Pirate Empire of New Briantown.
- : Cyber Colonists was endorsed by The Sound Waves of UnShleepd.
- : Cyber Colonists's influence in The South Pacific rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Cyber Colonists was endorsed by The Golden Democratic States of The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine.
- : Cyber Colonists was endorsed by The All Inclusive Love and Pride of Jehenna.
- : Cyber Colonists endorsed The 🍪 Delegate-Elect of Aumeltopia.
- : Following new legislation in Cyber Colonists, fruit pickers with degrees in wolf psychology are a common sight.
Endorsements Received: 49 » Erinor, Tsunamy, Hanguk-Nippon, Barabarom, Saciu, Wehraboos, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Dasko, Academy of Umbrellas, Shadow-Land, Agalaesia, Land Without Shrimp, Anachronolandia, Aidenfieeld, Aumeltopia, Pays de Loire, Xandev, Volaworand, The Solar System Scope, Farengeto, Quiescent, Mew Nation, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Amerion, Kringalia, Wild Space, Qawe, Great Africans, Ostanasia, Wyatonians, Qvait, Beepee, P R of China, United Federated States of Omega, Ariankido, Jennaterra, Luddinlande, The Sk8ing Unicorn, BootJack, Aurcania, Kuddles, Ketathinamiri Islands, Jehenna, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, UnShleepd, New Briantown, Churumduul, Sedunn, and Upper Tyrconnel.