“Justice, Unity, Loyalty”
|Category: Corrupt Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
Location: the South Pacific
The Federal Republic of Cyprisia is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by William Wynter with an iron fist, and remarkable for its compulsory military service, punitive income tax rates, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 1.361 billion Cyprisians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The enormous, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Berlita. The average income tax rate is 70.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Cyprisian economy, worth 90.3 trillion pounds a year, is quite specialized and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, and Information Technology. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 66,371 pounds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Maxtopian Grass flags adorn every college dorm room, the national anthem is a rather effective sleeping aid, advert breaks are played at lower volumes to make them easier to ignore, and the nation's generous tax credits have brought all the film studios to the yard. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Cyprisia's national animal is the cyprisian eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Cyprisia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Insurance Industry.
- : Following new legislation in Cyprisia, the nation's generous tax credits have brought all the film studios to the yard.
- : Following new legislation in Cyprisia, advert breaks are played at lower volumes to make them easier to ignore.
- : Following new legislation in Cyprisia, the national anthem is a rather effective sleeping aid.
- : Cyprisia was endorsed by The Space Pirate Empire of New Briantown.
- : Following new legislation in Cyprisia, Maxtopian Grass flags adorn every college dorm room.
- : Following new legislation in Cyprisia, the men in trenchcoats hanging around playgrounds are actually police officers.
- : Cyprisia was endorsed by The Sound Waves of UnShleepd.
- : Following new legislation in Cyprisia, conductors wield diamond-encrusted batons to fit in with their freshly gilded surroundings.
- : Following new legislation in Cyprisia, police struggle to solve crimes due to the lack of fingerprint records.
Endorsements Received: 54 » Erinor, Pencil Sharpeners 2, The National Corporation, Beepee, Quiescent, Hanguk-Nippon, Aidenfieeld, Tsunamy, Luddinlande, The Solar System Scope, Techganet, Volaworand, Farengeto, Anachronolandia, Barabarom, Towi Lamia, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Rebel-topia, Awjan, Aumeltopia, Linguiniland, Kringalia, Sandaoguo, Kandorith, Sedunn, Aywhyou, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, Birdkeeper, Nankyoku Tairiku, Land Without Shrimp, Academy of Umbrellas, Wehraboos, Akindom, Dasko, Drugged Monkeys, Churumduul, Agalaesia, Sesteran, Amerion, Wild Space, Great Africans, Qvait, Wyatonians, Ostanasia, P R of China, United Federated States of Omega, Ariankido, Pays de Loire, BootJack, The Sk8ing Unicorn, and 4 others.Aurcania, Ketathinamiri Islands, UnShleepd, and New Briantown.