“Das Reich der Freiheit beginnt da, wo Arbeit aufhört.”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
Location: The Social Liberal Union
The Democratic Republic of Czechnin is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Theodor Brueckner with a fair hand, and renowned for its irreverence towards religion, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 2.145 billion Czechninians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded, outspoken morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kjonigsberg. The average income tax rate is 91.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Czechninian economy, worth 197 trillion Czechninian Nins a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. Average income is 91,856 Czechninian Nins, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The Museum of Blackacrean War Crimes is located on "Blackacre Did Nothing Wrong Avenue", captains must wait until all rats are safe before jumping ship, anti-government web sites are springing up, and radio shows frequently feature people denouncing religion. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Czechnin's national animal is the Swan, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Czechnin, radio shows frequently feature people denouncing religion.
- : Following new legislation in Czechnin, anti-government web sites are springing up.
- : Following new legislation in Czechnin, captains must wait until all rats are safe before jumping ship.
- : Following new legislation in Czechnin, the Museum of Blackacrean War Crimes is located on "Blackacre Did Nothing Wrong Avenue".
- : Czechnin voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Freedom of dress".
- : Following new legislation in Czechnin, crime is on the rise as DNA sampling has been all but outlawed.
- : Czechnin was reclassified from "Liberal Democratic Socialists" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- : Czechnin endorsed The Democratic States of Erynia and Draconia.
- : Following new legislation in Czechnin, orphans would rather live their life of luxury than be adopted by prospective parents.
- : Czechnin was endorsed by The Democratic States of Erynia and Draconia.