“Our Culture, Our Land.”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Diplomat
|Leader||President Rebecca Sai|
|Faith||No Official Religion|
The Armed Republic of Darmapalha is a massive, safe nation, ruled by President Rebecca Sai with a fair hand, and renowned for its daily referendums, punitive income tax rates, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 3 billion Darmapalhians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Mumbai. The average income tax rate is 85.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Darmapalhan economy, worth 299 trillion Zols a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Tourism. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 99,945 Zols, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Advertisers are struggling to make water sound cool to a twitchy public, the newest shade developed by Darmapalha's dye industry has been dubbed 'Agent Orange', every product goes through extensive safety-testing by the government, and the government has declined to declare any particular religion as its 'official' one. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Darmapalha's national animal is the Markhor, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is No Official Religion.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Darmapalha's influence in CISB rose from "Envoy" to "Diplomat".
- : Darmapalha was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Darmapalha was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry.
- : Darmapalha's influence in CISB rose from "Duckspeaker" to "Envoy".
- : Darmapalha was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Darmapalha lodged a message on the CISB Regional Message Board.
- : Darmapalha was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations, Highest Average Tax Rates, and Most Subsidized Industry.
- : Darmapalha changed its national faith to "No Official Religion".
- : Following new legislation in Darmapalha, the government has declined to declare any particular religion as its 'official' one.
- : Following new legislation in Darmapalha, every product goes through extensive safety-testing by the government.