“Generosity, Humility, Loyalty.”
|Category: Right-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Diplomat
|Leader||President Joshua Rademacher|
The Republic of Darmen is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by President Joshua Rademacher with an even hand, and renowned for its public floggings, avowedly heterosexual populace, and rampant corporate plagiarism. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless, devout population of 20.336 billion Darmenis are free to succeed or fail in life on their own merits; the successful tend to enjoy an opulent (but moralistic) lifestyle, while the failures can be seen crowding out most jails.
The enormous, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Industry, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Scott City. The average income tax rate is 95.7%.
The frighteningly efficient Darmeni economy, worth a remarkable 3,353 trillion Dollars a year, is fairly diversified and dominated by the Retail industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining, Gambling, and Woodchip Exports. Average income is an impressive 164,904 Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
Government crews work tirelessly to retake the suburbs from organized packs of raccoons, social care for the elderly consists of a self help leaflet and a kick on the backside, East Lebatuckese luxury goods are plundered by the working class of Darmen, and people talk about things being better when men were men. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Darmen's national animal is the German Shepherd, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Darmen voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "On Multilateral Trade Talks"".
- : Darmen voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Pencil Sharpeners 2".
- : Darmen was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Retail Industry.
- : Darmen voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Factory Farming Ban".
- : Darmen voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Declaration on Hippopotamuses".
- : Darmen voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Epidemic Investigation Act".
- : Darmen voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Drop Your Pants".
- : Darmen voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Volcanic Activity Convention".
- : Darmen voted against the World Assembly Resolution "On Interregional Recruitment".
- : Darmen voted for the World Assembly Resolution "World Assembly Border Policy".