“We have the best economy, believe me.” Bob Dandy
|Category: Corporate Police State|
Regional Influence: Unproven
The Disgustingly Horrifying Land of Dauq is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Bob Dandy with an iron fist, and notable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, public floggings, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 11.318 billion Daucians are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, pro-business, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Dandyland. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 68.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Daucian economy, worth a remarkable 1,476 trillion Gold Standards a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Uranium Mining. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is an impressive 130,489 Gold Standards, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,186,293 per year while the poor average 1,642, a ratio of 722 to 1.
Grannies with arthritic hands work miserably on factory production lines, former bars are desperately trying to re-brand themselves as cafés, net monetary worth and net moral worth are considered to be directly equivalent, and the unemployed are quite literally sold to the highest bidder. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Dauq's national animal is the Dandy Lion, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Dauq was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth and the Top 10% for Most Scientifically Advanced, Most Efficient Economies, Lowest Crime Rates, and Largest Governments.
- : Dauq's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Dauq was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Dauq ceased to exist in Vaul koras.
- : Dauq was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extreme.
- : Dauq was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Average Incomes.
- : Dauq was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Wealthy Incomes and Greatest Rich-Poor Divides and the Top 10% for Most Developed.
- : Dauq was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Dead.
- : Dauq was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Zombies.
- : Dauq was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Developed.