|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Contender
The Queen's State of DBA CDN is a colossal, efficient nation, renowned for its burgeoning deer population. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 7.103 billion DBA CDNians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The relatively small, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Healthcare. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 12.4%.
The very strong DBA CDNian economy, worth 289 trillion betales a year, is quite specialized and led by the Uranium Mining industry, with major contributions from Trout Farming, Cheese Exports, and Soda Sales. Average income is 40,796 betales, with the richest citizens earning 6.2 times as much as the poorest.
Voting is voluntary, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, and the alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit. Crime is moderate, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. DBA CDN's national animal is the deer, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : DBA CDN's influence in Toronto rose from "Negotiator" to "Contender".
- : DBA CDN's influence in Toronto rose from "Auxiliary" to "Negotiator".
- : DBA CDN was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Free.
- : DBA CDN's influence in Toronto rose from "Ambassador" to "Auxiliary".
- : DBA CDN's influence in Toronto rose from "Diplomat" to "Ambassador".
- : DBA CDN's influence in Toronto fell from "Ambassador" to "Diplomat".
- : DBA CDN was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Cheese Export Sector and the Top 10% for Largest Mining Sector and Largest Trout Fishing Sector.
- : DBA CDN's influence in Toronto rose from "Minnow" to "Ambassador".
- : DBA CDN relocated from Balder to Toronto.
- : DBA CDN was refounded in Balder.