“What do YOU think when YOU face the waterfall?” The Altered Statesman
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Nipper
|Capital||The DMT Tunnel|
|Leader||The Altered Statesman|
The Archaic Revival of Death By Astonishment is a massive, genial nation, ruled by The Altered Statesman with a fair hand, and remarkable for its rum-swilling pirates, museums and concert halls, and complete lack of prisons. The compassionate, democratic population of 2.513 billion Consciousness Explorers hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, liberal, outspoken government is primarily concerned with Education, although Environment, Industry, and Healthcare are also considered important, while Law & Order and Social Policy are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of The DMT Tunnel. The average income tax rate is 37.7%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Psychedelic economy, worth 238 trillion heroic doses a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Soda Sales. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 94,903 heroic doses, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
Five-hundred-twenty-five-thousand-six-hundred revivals is how theatre-goers measure a year, piracy is the nation's most popular pastime, people reciting Shakespeare have become a common sight, and 4-year-olds are often found reminiscing about the 'good old days'. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Death By Astonishment's national animal is the stoned ape, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Psychedelic Shamanism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Death By Astonishment was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Kingdom of Stargard.
- : Death By Astonishment was endorsed by The Empire of Twilight Ways.
- : Death By Astonishment was endorsed by The Federal Democratic Republic of Ikheria.
- : Death By Astonishment was endorsed by The Democratic Union of Deathfall.
- : Death By Astonishment's influence in Europeia rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Death By Astonishment's influence in Europeia rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Death By Astonishment endorsed The United Socialist States of New Peoples Empire.
- : Death By Astonishment was endorsed by The United Socialist States of New Peoples Empire.
- : Death By Astonishment voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Standards On Police Accountability".
- : Following new legislation in Death By Astonishment, 4-year-olds are often found reminiscing about the 'good old days'.
Endorsements Received: 18 » Purple Ruthenia, Eloscape, Pirataria, Desrouleaux, Mancheseva City, Caffeinated, Bellcon, Emastalia, Clialaad, Raghallaigh, Aexnidaral, Acapais, Arvigiel, New Peoples Empire, Deathfall, Ikheria, Twilight Ways, and Kingdom of Stargard.