“What do YOU think when YOU face the waterfall?” The Altered Statesman
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
Location: The North Pacific
|Capital||The DMT Tunnel|
|Leader||The Altered Statesman|
The Archaic Revival of Death By Astonishment is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by The Altered Statesman with a fair hand, and remarkable for its rum-swilling pirates, museums and concert halls, and daily referendums. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 2.1 billion Consciousness Explorers hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, liberal, outspoken government is primarily concerned with Education, with Environment, Industry, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Law & Order and Social Policy receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of The DMT Tunnel. The average income tax rate is 31.3%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Psychedelic economy, worth 192 trillion heroic doses a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Retail. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 91,544 heroic doses, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.6 times as much as the poorest.
Political candidates who don't release their birth certificates are presumed to have been born in Maxtopia, increasing numbers of children in Death By Astonishment have different eye and hair color to their supposed fathers, the Psychedelic Arts Council pays teenagers to sit through opera performances, and cogitators and mass debaters are skiving off work to hang around the National Symposium Park. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Death By Astonishment's national animal is the stoned ape, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Psychedelic Shamanism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Death By Astonishment was endorsed by The Dictatorship of Tellavinna.
- : Following new legislation in Death By Astonishment, cogitators and mass debaters are skiving off work to hang around the National Symposium Park.
- : Following new legislation in Death By Astonishment, the Psychedelic Arts Council pays teenagers to sit through opera performances.
- : Death By Astonishment endorsed The Democratic Republic of New Phyrreus.
- : Following new legislation in Death By Astonishment, increasing numbers of children in Death By Astonishment have different eye and hair color to their supposed fathers.
- : Death By Astonishment was endorsed by The SSR of Moanapo.
- : Death By Astonishment was endorsed by The Disputed Territories of The Bureaucratic Territories.
- : Death By Astonishment endorsed The Cultured Kingdom of Ainsworth.
- : Death By Astonishment endorsed The Disputed Territories of The Bureaucratic Territories.
- : Death By Astonishment endorsed The SSR of Moanapo.
Endorsements Received: 127 » Pallaith, Alunya, Notyoutopia, Sinelona, The Rhein States, Sjalmia, Siwale, Shibutani, Corfad, Territorio di Nessuno, Alesya, El Fiji Grande, Yaorozu, Landnovia, Shin-Hachioji, Loutsland, Ethnon, Great Bights Mum, Trillius, Xzavia-Hjar, Great Javadwipa, Glurponia, Dar es Saalam, North Bratislava, Guer Aike, Bearical, Test for a new hope, Amauri, Dreadton, Omnistria, Sundred, Eri-Maqa-Ena, Federation Terra Australis, Scientific empire, Tsardom of Leonlandia, Spartoptia, Sunto, Penrith, Kwaj, Koda-Land, Wineclaw, Rkainjel, Newpromisedland, Shadowrik, Zumlandia, Selfgradatude, Runeda, Frances Francis the First of France, Wilkshire, Vincone Cae, and 77 others.Kulgatha, Destructive Government Endorsing System, 1 very fast endotarter, Torakuen, Cuyan, Napnomadia, Utopicican, Makersaulache, Kasazzastan, Lindsaystan, PlanetPunk, Black Templares, Daiz, Princely Irbis, Valhalla123, Sockmanland, Empy, Abject Ludicrosity, Juggernautilus, Steampunk Ariel, New Bremerton, Sheldanada, Concordare, Maott, Zeternia, Tamgu, Orado, The Tampa Bay Rays, PotatoFarmers, Wisconsota, New Flos, Sil Dorsett, Pleroma Sans Romans, New Octicarg, Holy Oranz, Lanterkint, Youssath, Elder Realms, AlI and nino, Walist, Grimandia, Duerrlewang, New Duna, Minuda, The Discipled, Moisus, Jasminlandia, Fizban, Detrivania, The Iron Lions, Lesbian Femdom, Ibiscaton, David Davidson, Sea Ghost, Dramanian, Panama Coalition, Some Random TNP Nation, Quebekistand, Partax, Styrica, General COE, Frie Annium, The Stratosphere Islands, Votak Matim, Miruma, McMasterdonia, Delmak, Orven, Guslantis, Faircliff, Ponantine, Racoda, Great Robertia, Aratani, The Bureaucratic Territories, Moanapo, and Tellavinna.