“Duke do you want the ball”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Page
Location: the South Pacific
The Confederacy of Demicity is a massive, safe nation, renowned for its daily referendums, complete lack of prisons, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 3.027 billion Demicityians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded government prioritizes Education, although Welfare, Healthcare, and Administration are also considered important, while Spirituality and Defense receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Mileycity. The average income tax rate is 79.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Demicityian economy, worth 207 trillion cryants a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Tourism. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 68,386 cryants, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
National parks have long lines of different gender-specific 'Porta-Pottys', organ donation rates have hit a new low, citizens are encouraged to report friends, family members or co-workers who seem depressed to the government for "counselling", and people seem disproportionately distraught when told a museum has a phones-off policy. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Demicity's national animal is the Demitrius, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Judism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Demicity was endorsed by The WA Republic of Qawe.
- : Demicity was endorsed by The Republic of Direwolf1.
- : Demicity was endorsed by The Republic of Samogitija.
- : Following new legislation in Demicity, people seem disproportionately distraught when told a museum has a phones-off policy.
- : Demicity was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Secular.
- : Demicity was endorsed by The Kingdom of Benstralis.
- : Demicity was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Smartest Citizens.
- : Demicity was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Mapico.
- : Following new legislation in Demicity, citizens are encouraged to report friends, family members or co-workers who seem depressed to the government for "counselling".
- : Demicity was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Gecetesse.
Endorsements Received: 70 » Erinor, Asgard of Rawls, Pencil Sharpeners 2, The Solar System Scope, Tsunamy, Farengeto, Kringalia, Centristvill, Sandaoguo, Luddinlande, Wyatonians, Darakin, Aywhyou, Hanguk-Nippon, Escevola, La Ascension, Volaworand, Sedunn, Techganet, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Aidenfieeld, Paranoia, Drugged Monkeys, Jaxon, New Briantown, Aumeltopia, Beepee, The National Corporation, Silberne Wache, Isokenzar, Barabarom, Anachronolandia, Cuuldere, Linguiniland, Kandorith, Quiescent, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, Birdkeeper, Vincent Field, Land Without Shrimp, Jahass, Academy of Umbrellas, Wehraboos, Akindom, Churumduul, Sesteran, Agalaesia, Amerion, Wild Space, Great Africans, and 20 others.Dasko, Phanama, Ariankido, Westoc Kinness, Pays de Loire, Jennaterra, Aurcania, Ketathinamiri Islands, Spearos, Concrete Slab, Imperial Duck, Qvait, Marinho Islands, Empa Aserium, Gecetesse, Mapico, Benstralis, Samogitija, Direwolf1, and Qawe.