“We Live in Mother's Light.”
Regional Influence: Power
Location: The Cursed Continent of Lodoss
|Leader||Her Divinity Empress Jia Li|
|Faith||the Church of Demoness|
|Animal||Demonese King Cheetah|
The Dragon's Realm of Demoness is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Her Divinity Empress Jia Li with a fair hand, and remarkable for its rampant corporate plagiarism, free-roaming dinosaurs, and absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, cheerful population of 36.74 billion Demonessians live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The minute, corrupt, liberal, outspoken government, or what there is of one, juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sacred Rock. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Demonese economy, worth an astonishing 10,474 trillion kataus a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Trout Farming, and Tourism. Average income is an amazing 285,106 kataus, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,246,642 per year while the poor average 41,134, a ratio of 30.3 to 1.
Astronomers are flocking to Demoness to take advantage of its clear night skies, citizens recently voted in favour of declaring bubblewrap an 'abomination of nature', senior citizens can usually be found doing heavy manual labour, and military funding has been stripped back. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Demoness's national animal is the Demonese King Cheetah, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is the Church of Demoness.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Demoness, military funding has been stripped back.
- : Following new legislation in Demoness, senior citizens can usually be found doing heavy manual labour.
- : Following new legislation in Demoness, citizens recently voted in favour of declaring bubblewrap an 'abomination of nature'.
- : Following new legislation in Demoness, astronomers are flocking to Demoness to take advantage of its clear night skies.
- : Demoness agreed to construct embassies between The Cursed Continent of Lodoss and Olgienslavia.
- : Demoness lodged a message on the The Cursed Continent of Lodoss Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Demoness, chrome-clad space marines are such stuff that dreams are made on.
- : Following new legislation in Demoness, Her Divinity Empress Jia Li's webseries about the alleged hauntings of Sacred Rock generates millions of views.
- : Following new legislation in Demoness, tourists are forbidden to enter Native Demonese lands.
- : Following new legislation in Demoness, atheism is seen as a prerequisite for political power.