“Strength Through Freedom”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
Location: the South Pacific
The Most Serene Republic of Denmani is a massive, genial nation, notable for its state-planned economy, pith helmet sales, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.481 billion Denmanians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Dingbat. The average income tax rate is 73.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Denmanian economy, worth 101 trillion Coins a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Cheese Exports. Average income is 68,268 Coins, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Town nameplates frequently raise giggles from passing tourists, crowds of flag-burning protesters tend to accidentally become crowds of burning protesters, where there's smoke there's the Denmanian Forestry Department, and Leader can often be found attempting to coax random citizens' cats down from trees. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Denmani's national animal is the kiwi, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Denmani was endorsed by The Federal Republic of West Carlisten.
- : Denmani was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cheerful Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Denmani, Leader can often be found attempting to coax random citizens' cats down from trees.
- : Following new legislation in Denmani, where there's smoke there's the Denmanian Forestry Department.
- : Following new legislation in Denmani, crowds of flag-burning protesters tend to accidentally become crowds of burning protesters.
- : Following new legislation in Denmani, town nameplates frequently raise giggles from passing tourists.
- : Following new legislation in Denmani, the freedom to be free is always just out of reach.
- : Denmani was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- : Following new legislation in Denmani, dangerous criminals are often 'accidentally' sent on one-way trips to Maxtopia.
- : Denmani was endorsed by The People's Republic of Malonereich.
Endorsements Received: 71 » Aidenfieeld, Erinor, Beepee, Volaworand, Saciu, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Barabarom, Anachronolandia, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Kringalia, Luddinlande, Aumeltopia, Whimichy, Theorin, Sandaoguo, Abarri, Xandev, Kandorith, USNE2018, Aywhyou, Aguatania, Jaxon, Sedunn, Auphelia, Quiescent, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, Farengeto, Birdkeeper, Nankyoku Tairiku, Jahass, Academy of Umbrellas, Wehraboos, Stoniamera, Akindom, Ostanasia, Drugged Monkeys, Sesteran, Agalaesia, Churumduul, State of Iowa, The Filippinas, Tsunamy, Changolandia, Aveerya, Amerion, Wild Space, Great Africans, Phanama, Dasko, Hanguk-Nippon, and 21 others.Ariankido, Srevana, Land Without Shrimp, Tsvetania, New Briantown, Concrete Slab, Imperial Duck, Qvait, Aurcania, Mapico, Empa Aserium, Gecetesse, Paranoia, The Tecorogan Federation, Benstralis, Myur Arditt, Samogitija, Direwolf1, Qawe, Malonereich, and West Carlisten.