“Act only according to maxims that may be universal law.”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Apprentice
|Leader||Prime Minister Sir Henry C Buford|
|Faith||Freedom of Faith|
The Serene Commonwealth of Deontologia is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Prime Minister Sir Henry C Buford with a fair hand, and notable for its keen interest in outer space, state-planned economy, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 6.221 billion Deontologians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, outspoken government prioritizes Education, although Administration, Healthcare, and Welfare are also considered important, while Defense and Spirituality are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kategoria. The average income tax rate is 98.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Deontologian economy, worth a remarkable 1,186 trillion Deontolls a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 190,673 Deontolls, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Would-be emigrants are told "abandon all hope all ye who would exit here", access to the woods is only granted to those who bring a small shrubbery, organ donation is compulsory, and most of the nation's wealthy aristocrats are dentists. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Deontologia's national animal is the Condor, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Freedom of Faith.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Deontologia, most of the nation's wealthy aristocrats are dentists.
- : Following new legislation in Deontologia, organ donation is compulsory.
- : Following new legislation in Deontologia, access to the woods is only granted to those who bring a small shrubbery.
- : Following new legislation in Deontologia, would-be emigrants are told "abandon all hope all ye who would exit here".
- : Deontologia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Long-Term Storage Of Produced Waste".
- : Deontologia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Income Equality.
- : Deontologia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Kelssek".
- : Following new legislation in Deontologia, some Deontologian athletes have defected to Blackacre after being denied the chance to compete in international sporting events.
- : Following new legislation in Deontologia, burning twigs to keep warm while lost in the wild is now a felony.
- : Following new legislation in Deontologia, farting etiquette is taught in schools.
Endorsements Received: 43 » Pen Blanityion, Ruinenlust, Candlewhisper Archive, Frieden-und Freudenland, Turbeaux, Effazio, Ownzone, Novian Republics, Aeterno Tranquillitas, Lura, Feladria, Verdant Haven, Eryndlynd, Anachronolandia, Ironic Remarks, Atsvea, Canaltia, Middle Barael, Hyon Delta, Entitize, Ziotah and Riverside, Tscharva, Caterasia, Ordand, Hommeres, East Stederland, Simbolon, The Most Serene Republicans, Crowacia, Discarnasia, Blue Nagia, Garbelia, Uniania Geeth, Einswenn, The Cypher Nine, Rivienland, Daarwyrth, Zerkyr Xiszczy, Foir, Doxstern, Ordealius, Kawastyselir, and Jutsa.