“Act only according to maxims that may be universal law.”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Squire
|Leader||Prime Minister Sir Henry C Buford|
|Faith||Freedom of Faith|
The Serene Commonwealth of Deontologia is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Prime Minister Sir Henry C Buford with a fair hand, and remarkable for its complete lack of prisons, state-planned economy, and daily referendums. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 4.713 billion Deontologians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded, outspoken government prioritizes Education, with Administration, Healthcare, and Industry also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Defense receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kategoria. The average income tax rate is 97.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Deontologian economy, worth 827 trillion Deontolls a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 175,599 Deontolls, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Hospitals in Deontologia are too busy serving the needs of Forest to see Deontologians, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, doctors prescribe medicines but they rarely dispense hope or compassion, and glamping Deontologians won't sleep in a tent that doesn't include a Jacuzzi. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Deontologia's national animal is the Condor, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Freedom of Faith.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Deontologia, glamping Deontologians won't sleep in a tent that doesn't include a Jacuzzi.
- : Deontologia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Nuremgard".
- : Deontologia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Integrity in Law Enforcement".
- : Deontologia endorsed The Colony of South Bees.
- : Deontologia was endorsed by The Colony of South Bees.
- : Deontologia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Economic Output.
- : Deontologia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Trotterdam".
- : Deontologia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Legal Rights of Workers".
- : Following new legislation in Deontologia, doctors prescribe medicines but they rarely dispense hope or compassion.
- : Following new legislation in Deontologia, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller.
Endorsements Received: 34 » Pen Blanityion, Ruinenlust, Candlewhisper Archive, Frieden-und Freudenland, Turbeaux, Effazio, Ownzone, Novian Republics, Aeterno Tranquillitas, Lura, Feladria, Verdant Haven, Groenwald, Eryndlynd, Bakwaas, Burkhai, Anachronolandia, Ironic Remarks, Atsvea, Canaltia, Middle Barael, Kinectia, Hyon Delta, McClandia Doge 2, Entitize, Edible Plywood, Ziotah and Riverside, Tscharva, Vanenia, Caterasia, Ordand, Heidgaudr, Paplia, and South Bees.