“By The People For The People”
|Category: Left-Leaning College State|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
Location: the South Pacific
The Republic of Dereistic is a massive, safe nation, renowned for its complete lack of prisons, unlimited-speed roads, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 2.619 billion Dereisticians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The large, liberal government prioritizes Education, although Welfare, Environment, and Administration are also considered important, while Spirituality and Defense aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hockley. The average income tax rate is 83.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Dereistician economy, worth 329 trillion dollars a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 125,675 dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
School teachers check the staff room for hidden webcams before complaining about rebellious students, business owners return from long vacations to find their factories have been turned into homeless shelters, military strategists are questioning the wisdom of subsidizing the economies of sworn enemies, and space shuttles regularly launch rubbish into space. Crime is totally unknown. Dereistic's national animal is the turtle, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Dereistic was endorsed by The Rogue Nation of IkJan.
- : Dereistic was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Foreign Aid Spending.
- : Following new legislation in Dereistic, space shuttles regularly launch rubbish into space.
- : Following new legislation in Dereistic, military strategists are questioning the wisdom of subsidizing the economies of sworn enemies.
- : Following new legislation in Dereistic, business owners return from long vacations to find their factories have been turned into homeless shelters.
- : Following new legislation in Dereistic, school teachers check the staff room for hidden webcams before complaining about rebellious students.
- : Following new legislation in Dereistic, there's more hugging than talking in most talk shows.
- : Dereistic was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Cheese Export Sector and Nudest.
- : Dereistic was endorsed by The Grand Duchy of Upper Tyrconnel.
- : Following new legislation in Dereistic, the new 'Who Wants To Be A Politician' election debate auditions are more popular than the debates themselves.
Endorsements Received: 73 » Erinor, Saciu, Volaworand, Quiescent, Anachronolandia, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Land Without Shrimp, Concrete Slab, Wehraboos, Aidenfieeld, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Awjan, Academy of Umbrellas, Linguiniland, Barabarom, Jahass, Federated Kingdoms of Brittania, Whimichy, Luddinlande, North Catimestistrianes, Aumeltopia, The Filippinas, Xandev, Wyatonians, Akindom, Farengeto, Jehenna, Dasko, Churumduul, Sesteran, State of Iowa, Seliyan progressive Islands, Shadow-Land, Asdfghuiop, Unidum, Republic Clovakh, Tsunamy, Curlyhoward, Kiasu-ism, Soem, Ancient Slobovia, The Solar System Scope, The Two Jerseys, Agalaesia, Mew Nation, Qawe, Amerion, Wild Space, Kringalia, and 23 others.Great Africans, Ostanasia, New Juan Carlos Land, USNE2018, The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp, Drystar, Beepee, Rebel-topia, United Federated States of Omega, Phanama, Hanguk-Nippon, Ariankido, Pays de Loire, BootJack, Aurcania, Kuddles, Ketathinamiri Islands, UnShleepd, New Briantown, Solega, Sedunn, Upper Tyrconnel, and IkJan.