“Hope Rides Alone”
|Category: Capitalist Paradise|
Regional Influence: Apprentice
Location: Ordo Imperialia
The Angelus Vox Populi of Devasta is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Avakael with an even hand, and renowned for its enslaved workforce, anti-smoking policies, and spontaneously combusting cars. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless population of 25.939 billion Devastans are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The relatively small, corrupt, pro-business government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Eyclone. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 8.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Devastan economy, worth a remarkable 4,130 trillion Halicarnassuses a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Soda Sales, and Automobile Manufacturing. Average income is an impressive 159,221 Halicarnassuses, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,324,864 per year while the poor average 3,802, a ratio of 348 to 1.
Commuter vessels have trouble staying afloat due to increased passengers, the minority inevitably have their addenda vetoed, 'The Anti-Government Hour' is a popular programme on many of Devasta's radio stations, and a chain of pubs that cater solely to children have recently been unveiled. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force. Devasta's national animal is the White Phoenix, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Devasta was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Efficient Economies.
- : Devasta was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Devasta was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Economic Output.
- : Devasta was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- : Devasta was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth and the Top 10% for Most Corrupt Governments.
- : Devasta was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Soda Pop Sector.
- : Devasta was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Average Incomes.
- : Devasta was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Retail Industry.
- : Devasta was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- : Devasta was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector and the Top 10% for Most Efficient Economies and Rudest Citizens.