“If you dig it do it. If you really dig it, do it twice.” Thelma Thurman IV
|Category: Capitalist Paradise|
Regional Influence: Newcomer
|Leader||Thelma Thurman IV|
The Dominion of Discordia Magna is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Thelma Thurman IV with an even hand, and renowned for its ubiquitous missile silos, keen interest in outer space, and rampant corporate plagiarism. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cheerful population of 31.657 billion Devoted Minions are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The minute, corrupt government, or what there is of one, juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Abraxas. Income tax is unheard of.
The large but stagnant Discordian economy, worth 546 trillion Kredits a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Trout Farming, and Cheese Exports. Average income is 17,254 Kredits, with the richest citizens earning 8.3 times as much as the poorest.
Childhood friends of Thelma Thurman IV are living it large abroad at the taxpayers' expense, foreign students are expected to have a Kegmeister Grade Average of 36-24-36 to qualify for university, Thelma Thurman IV has been seen stealthily slicing fifths off bread loaves, and Discordian husbands are dead good at fathering kids. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Discordia Magna's national animal is the Squab, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Discordia Magna's influence in Texas rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Discordia Magna's influence in Texas rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Discordia Magna's influence in Texas rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Following new legislation in Discordia Magna, Discordian husbands are dead good at fathering kids.
- : Following new legislation in Discordia Magna, Thelma Thurman IV has been seen stealthily slicing fifths off bread loaves.
- : Discordia Magna relocated from Balder to Texas.
- : Discordia Magna was refounded in Balder.
- : Discordia Magna ceased to exist in Balder.
- : Discordia Magna was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Fattest Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Discordia Magna, foreign students are expected to have a Kegmeister Grade Average of 36-24-36 to qualify for university.