“Civil Rights is the Key to success”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Sprat
Location: The United Federations
The Federal Republic of Dleckia is a huge, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its burgeoning Bird population. The hard-working, democratic population of 281 million Dleckians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government prioritizes Welfare, although Education, Healthcare, and Spirituality are also considered important, while Industry and Environment receive no funds. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 18.2%.
The strong Dleckian economy, worth 14.1 trillion DDS a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Gambling industry, with major contributions from Pizza Delivery, Soda Sales, and Woodchip Exports. Average income is 50,329 DDS, with the richest citizens earning 8.4 times as much as the poorest.
The government is using tax revenues to provide jobs for the poor, relations with Dàguó have warmed from frosty to chilly, employers may fire workers without giving any reason, and the alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit. Crime is relatively low. Dleckia's national animal is the Bird, which can occasionally be seen dodging aircraft in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Dleckia's influence in The United Federations rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Dleckia's influence in The United Federations rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Dleckia's influence in The United Federations rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Dleckia's influence in The United Federations rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Dleckia's influence in The United Federations rose from "Zero" to "Hatchling".
- : Dleckia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Gambling Industry.
- : Dleckia changed its national nation type to "Federal Republic".
- : Dleckia changed its national motto to "Civil Rights is the Key to success".
- : Dleckia altered its national flag.
- : Following new legislation in Dleckia, the alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit.