“We're all doomed anyway.”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Zero
Location: the South Pacific
The Oppressed Peoples of Doomen is a huge, safe nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service, national health service, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 453 million Doomenians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The tiny government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Healthcare, and Education. The average income tax rate is 6.7%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The Doomenian economy, worth 30.3 trillion ends a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Trout Farming industry, with major contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Information Technology, and Tourism. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 66,996 ends, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.0 times as much as the poorest.
The carbon tax fund gladly supplies warm blankets when the poor can't pay their heating bills, private law firms are unheard of, international collectors know that a grease-stain on a work of art probably means it's passed through Doomen, and relations with Dàguó have warmed from frosty to chilly. Crime, especially youth-related, is almost non-existent. Doomen's national animal is the people, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Doomen relocated from Osiris to The South Pacific.
- : Doomen was refounded in Osiris.
- : Doomen ceased to exist in The South Pacific.
- : Doomen was endorsed by The Oppressed Peoples of Kuddles.
- : Doomen was endorsed by The Republic of Oreo States.
- : Doomen was endorsed by The Aumeltopia Endorsers of Untied Provinces of Atlantica.
- : Doomen was endorsed by The Free Land of BootJack.
- : Doomen was endorsed by The Rainbow Land of The Sk8ing Unicorn.
- : Doomen was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Srevana.
- : Doomen was endorsed by The Floofy Denizens of Rabbitz.