|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: the South Pacific
The Principality of Dorev is a very large, socially progressive nation, renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, keen interest in outer space, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-working, democratic population of 118 million Dorevians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 12.6%.
The strong Dorevian economy, worth 7.26 trillion euros a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Retail, Woodchip Exports, and Basket Weaving. Average income is 61,516 euros, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.1 times as much as the poorest.
There have been sightings of people walking around dressed in nothing but leopard-skin g-strings for 'religious reasons', the nation's first space rocket -- sponsored by Eckie-Ecola and shaped like an enormous soda bottle -- is being developed, the only place where one can see the Dorevian cherry tree is in a museum, and vanity is considered the fifth cardinal virtue. Crime is almost non-existent. Dorev's national animal is the horse, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Dorev was endorsed by The Kingdom of Sedunn.
- : Dorev was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Retail Industry and Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry.
- : Dorev endorsed The Republic of Direwolf1.
- : Following new legislation in Dorev, vanity is considered the fifth cardinal virtue.
- : Following new legislation in Dorev, the only place where one can see the Dorevian cherry tree is in a museum.
- : Dorev was endorsed by The Republic of Direwolf1.
- : Dorev was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Dorev endorsed The Empire of Romanus Terrae.
- : Dorev voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Preventing Desertification"".
- : Dorev was endorsed by The Empire of Romanus Terrae.
Endorsements Received: 53 » Qawe, Erinor, Amerion, Marinho Islands, Aidenfieeld, Hanguk-Nippon, Upper Tyrconnel, Qvait, Barabarom, Abarri, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Gecetesse, Aumeltopia, Tsunamy, Darakin, Spearos, Volaworand, Three Rivia Levr, Japanese Federal Republic, Havenfell, The Solar System Scope, The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp, Omiri, Skeldonya, Westlantis, Jehenna, Mapico, Proctethia, World United, The Rivieras, Babalina, Theorin, Agalaesia, Khazadine, Imperial Duck, Kopashu, FreeFishers, Rebel-topia, Anachronolandia, Wehraboos, West Carlisten, Paranoia, Jennaterra, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, The Filippinas, Aurcania, Tsvetania, The Tecorogan Federation, Farengeto, Benstralis, and 3 others.Romanus Terrae, Direwolf1, and Sedunn.