“A happy citizen is a loyal one.”
|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
Location: the South Pacific
|Faith||Cult of Personality|
The Republic of Doundaly is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by President Edmo with an iron fist, and remarkable for its public floggings, keen interest in outer space, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 1.473 billion Doundalians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The large, corrupt, moralistic government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Administration. The average income tax rate is 55.5%.
The thriving Doundalian economy, worth 115 trillion galds a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Retail, Cheese Exports, and Uranium Mining. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 78,556 galds, with the richest citizens earning 5.0 times as much as the poorest.
Advertisers are struggling to make water sound cool to a twitchy public, the installation of street lights across remote goat tracks has left citizens bemused, Doundaly Barrier Island residents anxiously await their 'Bridge to Somewhere', and former royals stand on the street corner with signs reading "will cut ribbons for money". Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Doundaly's national animal is the Eagle, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Cult of Personality.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Doundaly, former royals stand on the street corner with signs reading "will cut ribbons for money".
- : Following new legislation in Doundaly, Doundaly Barrier Island residents anxiously await their 'Bridge to Somewhere'.
- : Following new legislation in Doundaly, the installation of street lights across remote goat tracks has left citizens bemused.
- : Following new legislation in Doundaly, advertisers are struggling to make water sound cool to a twitchy public.
- : Following new legislation in Doundaly, tower block residents are each held responsible for four square inches of front lawn.
- : Doundaly voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Ever-Wandering Souls".
- : Doundaly was endorsed by The Glorious People's Republic of Integria.
- : Following new legislation in Doundaly, the nation is stuck in permanent election mode as politicians demand constant do-overs.
- : Doundaly published "President Edmo's Awards" (Factbook: Miscellaneous).
- : Doundaly endorsed The Republic of The Unified States of Americana.
Endorsements Received: 89 » Hanguk-Nippon, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Qvait, Madreia, Beepee, Barabarom, The Tecorogan Federation, Amerion, Mapico, Erinor, Crystal Creation, Tsunamy, Xandev, Aidenfieeld, Curlyhoward, Aumeltopia, Bleakfoot, Land Without Shrimp, PenguinPies, Wehraboos, Luddinlande, Kandorith, Bawkie, Techganet, Farengeto, Terran Draconia, Tioloman, Yeldarbsland, The Filippinas, North Kanuckistan, Ebonhand, Kringalia, Aurcania, Baltenlands, West Pastafaria, Anserisa, Holy Free, Turks of The Eastern Calculus, CzechoSlovakishMoravia, Charloa, Sedunn, Elan Sleazebaganno, Marinho Islands, ChickenDome, Shefino, Compli, Auphelia, The Worst army of, Laamiva, Corgitopiaa, and 39 others.Well F, Sandaoguo, New Briantown, Drugged Monkeys, Belschaft, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Kedjens, Midand, Concrete Slab, Andinla, Catillos, Myness, Volaworand, Merevane, Tepertopia, Philippinia, Qawe, Phanama, Bartonia Nova, Purple Hyacinth, Ovkianos, Royaltica, Klobitien, Kaoia, The land of Hades, Zataras, Rebel-topia, Ofaria, Alfama, Brunier, Seythennia, Novum Sina, Vanbella, The SpaceNeo-Goryeo Etymological Society, Weryalachiressaraxiatopia, Drystar, North Prarie, Jehenna, and Integria.