“Do Not Awaken A Sleeping Dragon.” Grand Duke Jeymian Drachenberg III
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Squire
Location: The East Pacific
|Leader||Grand Duke Jeymian Drachenberg III|
The Grand Duchy of Dragonia is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Grand Duke Jeymian Drachenberg III with an even hand, and renowned for its frequent executions, anti-smoking policies, and compulsory military service. The compassionate, cheerful population of 16.361 billion Dragonians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small, corrupt government prioritizes Education, although Environment, Administration, and Healthcare are also considered important, while Spirituality is ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Weyrcliff. The average income tax rate is 44.7%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Dragonian economy, worth a remarkable 6,028 trillion Galleons a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Information Technology. Black market activity is rampant. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 368,466 Galleons, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Dragonians seem to be catching more chills, a suspicious number of John Smiths are known to donate to Dragonian politicians, multilingual concierges man empty inner city apartment blocks, and electrocution deaths among computer technicians are at an all-time high. Crime is totally unknown. Dragonia's national animal is the Dragonhawk, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Druidicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Dragonia, electrocution deaths among computer technicians are at an all-time high.
- : Dragonia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Ever-Wandering Souls".
- : Dragonia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Pedagogical Freedom".
- : Dragonia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Syria".
- : Following new legislation in Dragonia, multilingual concierges man empty inner city apartment blocks.
- : Following new legislation in Dragonia, a suspicious number of John Smiths are known to donate to Dragonian politicians.
- : Following new legislation in Dragonia, Dragonians seem to be catching more chills.
- : Following new legislation in Dragonia, party-lovers often change religions just for the weekend.
- : Following new legislation in Dragonia, sheepish teenagers are making eye contact with their parents for the first time in a decade during state-enforced 'no-phones hour'.
- : Dragonia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commercial Arbitration Recognition".
Endorsements Received: 117 » A Slanted Black Stripe, Lyontisia, Mundiferrum, Freedom Fascists, Kangarawa, Southern Yugoslavia, Davinhia, New Leganes, Brotherland, Norport, Axdel, The Empire of Rijelv, Biggstonia, Roliganistan, Propwash, Am Echad, ReeK, Amjedia, H-Zhena, Bullpups, CopyCato, Sansangra, Akorial, Galve, Wiranath, Riveraland, Endertopias, Mirasiro, Socialist Holy American Empire, Mastariere, Soirwren, Peryn, Blobbo, Dark Edgyness, Hizuru, Eagas, Ridann, Pakitsk, VW53Aland, Tuvaltastan, Gorbastan, Republic of Berzerkistan, Neruch, United China Nation, Enlil, The United Asian Republics, Rhealaliit, Broengtopia, BearStackof2015, Kilkire, and 67 others.The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Matdor, Kalaratri, The United Neo American Union, Plazland, Liberstankonia, Rakshuland, Under Sea Desert, Libertanny, Dragons Blood, Grossvietnam, Talitoa, La xinga, Servants of Gizmo, Asendavia, Marrabuk, Todd McCloud, East Malaysia, Kyrloth, Squid Ruinosa, Evrigenis, The Militarius Imperium, Rainbow Vests, Interdimensional Waifus, The Three States of Fortuna, Merlovich, Rage Mage, Zukchiva, Republic of New India, Fellon, Trulu, Tretrid, The Eternal Land of Jong, Ripsylvania, Lingu, Distro-Spartica, Azureano, FreedomIand, Rohanland, BuciLand, Staynes, Khadah, Mays Austrian Nation, Raunch, Imprisoned Freeman, Quinto Piano, A mean old man, Santa Dystopia, Chriona, Survivoristan, Gyp Land, Eastern Hyront Scassen, Stellar Colonies, Technocratic Tagalog, Ephem, Azakhuland, Layngderfleethe, Eternal Progress, Modra, Oofery, Nevertopia, Horn of Havenkaap, Castle Federation, Kavanos, Greater New Cassandra, Utopian Technocracy, and Oerkar.