“Ex Tenebra Lux” The High Overseer
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Squire
Location: The East Pacific
|Leader||The High Overseer|
The Protected species of Dreshand is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by The High Overseer with a fair hand, and renowned for its compulsory military service, punitive income tax rates, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 2.474 billion Dreshandian Transhumanists enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Shanaxanti. The average income tax rate is 80.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Dreshandian economy, worth 396 trillion Credits a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Retail, and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 160,231 Credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Young girls and senior citizens alike can be spotted wearing colourful short shorts, the government seeks peaceful forum with terrorists, doctors accused of having no heart reply that cardiology isn't their speciality, and hidden bedroom-cams are installed to catch mothers doing their kids' homework. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Dreshand's national animal is the Giant Squid, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Maxwellism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Dreshand was endorsed by The Corner of H-Zhena.
- : Dreshand lost the endorsement of The Corner of H-Zhena.
- : Dreshand was endorsed by The Minister of Immigration of VW53Aland.
- : Dreshand was endorsed by The Avian Federation of Axdel.
- : Dreshand was endorsed by The Pretitle of Wiranath.
- : Dreshand was endorsed by The Vizier Nominee of Ramaeus.
- : Dreshand was endorsed by The Kingdom of Taya Dust.
- : Dreshand was endorsed by The Nation States Holy Red Jolly of Celannica.
- : Dreshand was endorsed by The Galactic Confederacy of Stellar Colonies.
- : Dreshand was endorsed by The Joke Nation of BearStackof2015.