“The Shaper's rule is absolute.”
|Category: Psychotic Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Newcomer
The Colony of Drypeak is a huge, orderly nation, notable for its state-planned economy, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 449 million citizens are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The large, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Defense, and Law & Order. The average income tax rate is 65.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but sluggish Shaper economy, worth 13.7 trillion gold coins a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is dominated by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining, Arms Manufacturing, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. Average income is 30,618 gold coins, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
You can get married in sickness and in health but not internationally, tie-dye has been outlawed for being 'too occult', artists regularly face criminal charges and art-burning parties are common, and saying "don't do anything that Leader wouldn't do" doesn't exclude a great deal. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Drypeak's national animal is the servant mind, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Drypeak's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Drypeak's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Drypeak's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Drypeak altered its national flag.
- : Drypeak was refounded in Osiris.
- : Drypeak ceased to exist in Last day of work.
- : Drypeak lodged a message on the Last day of work Regional Message Board.
- : Drypeak was banned from Estado Novo by The Colony of Portuguese Madeira Island.
- : Drypeak altered the regional flag of SECFanatics.
- : Drypeak was banned from Colonies of Wizlandia by The Totalitarian State of Team The Best.