“L’homme est gouverné par l’Esprit.”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Apprentice
Location: the Rejected Realms
The Republic of Edgedgie is a colossal, socially progressive nation, notable for its national health service, free-roaming dinosaurs, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 6.278 billion Edgedgieans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, socially-minded, outspoken government prioritizes Education, with Environment, Administration, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Defense and Spirituality receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Édgerie. The average income tax rate is 96.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Edgedgiean economy, worth a remarkable 1,174 trillion Dgies a year, is highly specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 187,098 Dgies, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Mystics are claiming that a simultaneous rise in scepticism and education budgets is correlation rather than causation, all recreational drugs are legal, literature classes frequently go on field trips to rock concerts, and excessive wheelchair ramps on government buildings have been compared to theme park attractions. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Edgedgie's national animal is the stag, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Edgedgie was endorsed by The Disputed Territories of Agua de Pelar Porco II.
- : Following new legislation in Edgedgie, excessive wheelchair ramps on government buildings have been compared to theme park attractions.
- : Edgedgie was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Cheerful Citizens and the Top 10% for Highest Drug Use.
- : Following new legislation in Edgedgie, literature classes frequently go on field trips to rock concerts.
- : Following new legislation in Edgedgie, all recreational drugs are legal.
- : Edgedgie was reclassified from "Liberal Democratic Socialists" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- : Following new legislation in Edgedgie, mystics are claiming that a simultaneous rise in scepticism and education budgets is correlation rather than causation.
- : Following new legislation in Edgedgie, libraries are now installed with jacuzzis and mini-bars.
- : Following new legislation in Edgedgie, Brancaland has gifted over nine thousand putrid moose carcasses to Edgedgie as a reminder of their "special relationship".
- : Following new legislation in Edgedgie, couples are discouraged from marrying until they can rank their partner on a scale of one to ten.
Endorsements Received: 46 » FiTzGEraLdLAnD, Franluxin, Emeseses, Zavea, Aqueira, Aggro, Islamic Republic e Jariri, Farrakhan, Andromeda Islands, Unibot III, Arinteriswith, Yoshiterra, Florin, Pettlland, Doormat to the Lord, Volsar, Thus Sprach Zarathustra, Panormia, Thuringia Reich, The Libertarian Republic of Savages, Zerentopia, Razorback, North Comunist Awelanius, ThePlace, Delight, Greater Cesnica, Visionary Union, Nation of Urie, Ammadon, Lederland, The Pacific Caliphate, Sarotte, Collosuss, Raj7765, Perfect Sublime Masters, The Horror Channel, Mundanus, Beezertopia, Alpharoland, Melon feud, Alsakah, Bormiar, Black Hawk Raider Refugees, A Leaf on the Wind, United Libor Lefunkistan, and Agua de Pelar Porco II.