“The Power of Greatness is in us All”
|Category: Psychotic Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
Location: the South Pacific
The Dominion of Edula is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its rampant corporate plagiarism, public floggings, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 1.111 billion Edulans are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Eduphis. The average income tax rate is 57.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Edulan economy, worth 118 trillion Edulian Dimes a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, broadly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Beef-Based Agriculture, Information Technology, and Tourism. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 106,575 Edulian Dimes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Roadside walls are being built and mother nature is paying for it, historical commemorations regularly devolve into militaristic jingoism, modelling agencies send their clients to work in nursing homes, and Leader signs the laws but abides by none of them. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Edula's national animal is the Hound, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Edula, Leader signs the laws but abides by none of them.
- : Following new legislation in Edula, modelling agencies send their clients to work in nursing homes.
- : Following new legislation in Edula, historical commemorations regularly devolve into militaristic jingoism.
- : Edula voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The New Inquisition".
- : Edula was endorsed by The Queendom of Solega.
- : Edula's influence in The South Pacific rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Edula revoked its national leader.
- : Edula revoked its national faith.
- : Edula changed its national faith to "Potatoism" and its leader to "EuthanisedPotato".
- : Following new legislation in Edula, roadside walls are being built and mother nature is paying for it.
Endorsements Received: 64 » Land Without Shrimp, Ostanasia, Shadow-Land, Academy of Umbrellas, Anachronolandia, Lambdaland, Aidenfieeld, Tsunamy, Erinor, Xandev, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Farengeto, Wehraboos, Barabarom, Churumduul, Aumeltopia, The Solar System Scope, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Drystar, The naked people, Jehenna, The Filippinas, Volaworand, Southern Numenor, Pays de Loire, Silberne Wache, Darakin, Native Inhabitants of Antarctica, Escevola, Beegees, Blaash, Qawe, FreeFishers, Vincent Field, Amerion, Kringalia, Wild Space, Nothanksbutseriously, Negoshi, Agalaesia, Great Africans, Lakalvesoman, Higash, Qvait, Beepee, PenguinPies, Dasko, P R of China, United Federated States of Omega, Phanama, and 14 others.Hanguk-Nippon, Ariankido, Quiescent, Rabbitz, Jennaterra, The Sk8ing Unicorn, Aurcania, BootJack, Ketathinamiri Islands, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, UnShleepd, New Briantown, Sedunn, and Solega.