“Inimicum quamvis humilem metuendem est”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Squire
Location: The East Pacific
The Unified Tracts of Elejamie is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Mark Costello with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, national health service, and absence of drug laws. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 25.798 billion Elejamians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The large, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Coventry. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Elejamian economy, worth an astonishing 11,984 trillion Sofancs a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology and Book Publishing. Average income is an amazing 464,551 Sofancs, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
History textbook pages are used as impromptu tissues by distraught students, clumsy self-injury is a viable claim in modern compensation culture, employers are never quite sure if graduates' qualifications have any merit or meaning, and a favorite "life hack" for gap year backpackers is to pretend to be homeless for government handouts. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Elejamie's national animal is the elephant, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Industrial music.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Elejamie, a favorite "life hack" for gap year backpackers is to pretend to be homeless for government handouts.
- : Elejamie voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Roavin".
- : Elejamie voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting the Rights of Labour Unions".
- : Following new legislation in Elejamie, employers are never quite sure if graduates' qualifications have any merit or meaning.
- : Following new legislation in Elejamie, clumsy self-injury is a viable claim in modern compensation culture.
- : Following new legislation in Elejamie, history textbook pages are used as impromptu tissues by distraught students.
- : Following new legislation in Elejamie, parking's carefree without parking car fees.
- : Following new legislation in Elejamie, textbooks are exactly twice as heavy as they used to be.
- : Following new legislation in Elejamie, planes can be grounded for months simply because an inspector "didn't like the color".
- : Following new legislation in Elejamie, advert breaks are played at lower volumes to make them easier to ignore.
Endorsements Received: 171 » Mundiferrum, Lyontisia, A Slanted Black Stripe, Kriov, Goodnamesarerare, Freedom Fascists, Kaigi, Brotherland, Kangarawa, New Leganes, The Empire of Rijelv, Propwash, Wizardonia, Republic of Berzerkistan, Roliganistan, Davinhia, Asendavia, Cacocu, Am Echad, Squid Ruinosa, Amjedia, H-Zhena, Bullpups, CopyCato, Wiranath, Axdel, Sansangra, Riveraland, Socialist Holy American Empire, VW53Aland, Mastariere, Soirwren, Headpat Central, Hizuru, British Calradia, United China Nation, Dreamersistan, Kelssek, Kucia, Neruch, Enlil, Indrapore, The United Asian Republics, BearStackof2015, Talitoa, Kilkire, Pakitsk, Kalaratri, Rhealaliit, Plazland, and 121 others.New Bradenia Ghost, Rakshuland, Dragons Blood, Federated States of Zootron, Grossvietnam, Barfleur, La xinga, Cymru Broadcasters, The Green Blade, Servants of Gizmo, Marrabuk, Tawuse, Interdimensional Waifus, The Death Syndicate, Evrigenis, Ridann, The Militarius Imperium, Volkarai, Rainbow Vests, East Malaysia, Monteconstance, Merlovich, Zukchiva, FreedomIand, Ripsylvania, Fellon, Tretrid, Trulu, Enou, Freedomindia, Greater New Cassandra, The Eternal Land of Jong, Lingu, Distro-Spartica, Staynes, The Three States of Fortuna, Azureano, Roissyland, Khadah, Mays Austrian Nation, BuciLand, Rokaku, Lovism, Imprisoned Freeman, A mean old man, Pekweng, Santa Dystopia, Survivoristan, Eastern Hyront Scassen, Stellar Colonies, Samaltak True, Euricanis, Yelkinam, Layngderfleethe, Horn of Havenkaap, Sunsistan, Halaethaed Commune, Dravida India, Kublam, Forro Islands, Tissandra, Gunov, New Bobby, Oofery, Forktoon, Coruh, Markhor, Jamitri, United Order Republic, Modra, Republic of New India, Acronis, Nevertopia, Wallenburg, From New World, South Azerbijan, Debluu, Wakeopolis, EHTYCSCYTHE, Tassirion, Zeiberland, Vogar, Rabarbarys, Fradrildrun, ArenaC, Arunika, Hellod Immury, Cacnesia, Ankras, Insolandie, CheeseBurrito, Blobbo, Lanwa, Dannemarie, Ribanzi, Aoba-Johsai, Radmir, Claniangdow, Aeoliah, Juliania Secundus, ReReReRepublic, THE V0ID, Insi Karai, Lorrana, Zidium, Tofoon, Under Upper Antartica, United Socialist States of Amerika, Dahom, Cratoputania, Jove Mahmo, Federation Of Columbian Republics, Martian States of America, Eastern Alksearia, North Bernia, Johor DT, Isildor, LibRight Libertarianism, Namaste Isle, Cakitalim, and Espeon LD.