|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Page
Location: the South Pacific
The Democratic Republic of Eliies is a massive, genial nation, ruled by vyklf with an even hand, and notable for its free-roaming dinosaurs, pith helmet sales, and digital currency. The compassionate population of 1.89 billion Eliiesians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Isea. The average income tax rate is 67.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Eliiesian economy, worth 243 trillion Elds a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is an impressive 128,817 Elds, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
People invite random old men into their homes to play with their kids, sexually-starved male dinosaurs terrorise tourists during weekly breakouts from Mesozoic Park, the government's giant servers are often used as a tourist trap, and dubiously qualified East Lebatuckese doctors prescribe ice baths as a treatment for pneumonia. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Eliies's national animal is the falcon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Eliies, dubiously qualified East Lebatuckese doctors prescribe ice baths as a treatment for pneumonia.
- : Eliies was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Eliies, the government's giant servers are often used as a tourist trap.
- : Following new legislation in Eliies, sexually-starved male dinosaurs terrorise tourists during weekly breakouts from Mesozoic Park.
- : Following new legislation in Eliies, people invite random old men into their homes to play with their kids.
- : Following new legislation in Eliies, politicians have seen a significant reduction in followers on their social media accounts.
- : Following new legislation in Eliies, the military maintains a fierce arsenal of 'Cure Missiles'.
- : Eliies was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Following new legislation in Eliies, the Supreme Court vehemently protects civil rights and the right to privacy.
- : Following new legislation in Eliies, discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation is illegal.
Endorsements Received: 65 » Volaworand, Rebel-topia, Erinor, Beepee, Pencil Sharpeners 2, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Barabarom, Aidenfieeld, Awjan, Si-topia, Namat Sta, Luddinlande, Hanguk-Nippon, Anachronolandia, Tsunamy, Aumeltopia, Cuuldere, Jaxon, Saciu, Kringalia, Sandaoguo, Kandorith, Sedunn, Aywhyou, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, Xandev, Farengeto, Birdkeeper, Land Without Shrimp, Wehraboos, Jahass, Academy of Umbrellas, Akindom, Federated Kingdoms of Brittania, Drugged Monkeys, The Filippinas, Agalaesia, Churumduul, Amerion, Wild Space, Great Africans, Qvait, Dasko, Quiescent, Qawe, Phanama, Ariankido, Rabbitz, Tsvetania, Aurcania, and 15 others.Imperial Duck, Great Allabre, Upper Tyrconnel, World United, Ketathinamiri Islands, New Briantown, Concrete Slab, Marinho Islands, Empa Aserium, Gecetesse, Mapico, Paranoia, Maeiland, The Tecorogan Federation, and Benstralis.